Zach Brown Band LP...

Marvel

Not sure how many on here like the Zach Brown Band, but they have released their newest album on vinyl. More than double the price of the CD, but I am tempted. I really like their music. Not over produced and more like early a nice neighborhood group. Good ol' Georgia boys. Everyone who has heard them live says they sound the same as their albums.

Bruce

"cold beer on a Friday night..." ZBB hs a lot of fun tunes. they have a live show with Jimmy Buffett I caught on the Palladia channel, a worthwhile watch. Got all of his stuff on cd so far, I be sure to pick up his newest. My nephews saw him on a double bill with Kenny Chesney and thought the ZBB was great.

Dennis,

I might agree with you, but I will say the LP version of Brothers in Arms is really, really good, and it was recorded on a Sony 48 track DASH recorder. I guess that good engineering can sometimes overcome the format.

Bruce

That would imply a really poor mastering job on the CD, I guess I've seen that before.

IIRC, Billy Joel sued his label over an older release (52nd Street) when the 1978 album sounded better than the 1982 CD due to poor mastering.

It depends on the bit depth and sample rate of the original master, and all the subsequent sample rate conversions, etc.