A Day Made of Glass

Rivernuggets

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38&vq=medium

Sure it's an ad, but gets the imagination going. Pros and Cons all around. One thing's for sure, that's a hell of a lot of WHITE for one kitchen.

I like the "durable" or "damage resistant" qualitites of the glass. No way they will be made for outside on-the-street use.

• Moderators

Some very cool ideas, I love the glass that tints and makes it look like opening blinds or a curtain.

Probably by the time some of this comes around I couldn't afford most of it anyway, but it is cool.

All this 'touch screen' stuff begs some questions. Finger smudging. Just our natural body oils can leave fingerprints. So in a house full of touchy feelly techno gadgetry everyone would have to be critically clean, all the time. But lets say this stuff does get dirty. How do you clean it w/o activating the functions? Does it scratch? In time will it look scraped and marred? And I expect that such overly indulged and over served humans would be over-weight, not skinny.

I love the glass that tints and makes it look like opening blinds or a curtain.

Yeah some of the ideas are very useful. I also thought about price watching the whole thing.

How do you clean it w/o activating the functions? Does it scratch? In time will it look scraped and marred? And I expect that such overly indulged and over served humans would be over-weight, not skinny.

That's some of the potential cons for sure. If it is indeed glass, it should clean up just fine, right? I just can't see something like that surviving public use and abuse, like a street map downtown.

It's effort enough these days to 'unplug' from everything, without a screen in every mirror and appliance.

I like the "durable" or "damage resistant" qualitites of the glass. No way they will be made for outside on-the-street use.

Tempered glass is amazingly strong, and the small devices like the iphone and android devices use a thing called gorilla glass made by corning over 50 years ago.

Also NYC started to use these at newer bus stops. A all glass construction.

broken_bus_stop_8447.59f416m6vawwg008ss4

Some very cool ideas, I love the glass that tints and makes it look like opening blinds or a curtain.

Probably by the time some of this comes around I couldn't afford most of it anyway, but it is cool.

If I recall correctly the problem the glass that tints is that it needs electricity to stay clear which means most of the time people just leave them tinted. Also it uses a lot of electricity to stay clear.

How do you clean it w/o activating the functions? Does it scratch? In time will it look scraped and marred? And I expect that such overly indulged and over served humans would be over-weight, not skinny.

That's some of the potential cons for sure. If it is indeed glass, it should clean up just fine, right? I just can't see something like that surviving public use and abuse, like a street map downtown.

It's effort enough these days to 'unplug' from everything, without a screen in every mirror and appliance.

Already in use http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2011-09/hands-mtas-go-mobile-station-47-inch-travellers-touchscreen

IMG_0658.JPG

And second even iphones and ipads have hydrophobic screen that makes oils stay on the surface wipe off easy.

And take a look at gorilla glass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorilla_Glass

Hey all,

I lit that video! And the one that we shot a year later, "A Day Made of Glass, Two" or something like that, which is also on youtube. I think the first one was done in 2010. Take stock in glass cleaner indeed. And check out the Pepsi commercial that leads in to today's Super Bowl halftime show, if you're not headed to the bathroom or fridge. We shot the girl in the tunnel with the Pepsi machine and the crowd scene stadium shot about three weeks ago, on a cold night at the new Cal Bears stadium in Berkeley.

D