X10 vs s4

deluss

I'm not familiar with the E6. Does FiiO make it? I can't imagine a $25 amp soundng good, but I believe you. Headroom sells FiiO stuff now and they seem to be pretty impressed with it.

Yes, the one I got was exclusively made for Westone, branded with the company logo. FiiO's signature is also visible on it in very fine prints. I don't know their secrets, but the thing really perfoms pretty good. It offers three settings: one bass boost, one straight trough and a third with a more timid bass boost. I see the generic version for little over $25 at amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OUIIFA/ref=asc_df_B005OUIIFA2413395?smid=AFKH6OU9WWNFS&tag=dealtmp894105-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B005OUIIFA, apparently holding its value. Now I'm just getting ready to buy the E9K.

I do use the X10i from time to time. After more than a year of using both, I still like the sound of the S4/S5 phones better.

With that said, you can't beat the X10i for the small size. It's almost like you don't have anything in your ears.

Like some here, i too went from S4 to X10i to S4 II. For me, i never found a good fit for the X10i and the sound was good, but that was about it. The S4 may lack some delicate detail, but it is more exciting to listen to (esp. when i use it for commute). Strangely, the S4 fit my ears better and provide a consistent seal vs. the X10i. In addition, there is more wire noise with the X10i when i use it to exercise.

Like some here, i too went from S4 to X10i to S4 II. For me, i never found a good fit for the X10i and the sound was good, but that was about it. The S4 may lack some delicate detail, but it is more exciting to listen to (esp. when i use it for commute). Strangely, the S4 fit my ears better and provide a consistent seal vs. the X10i. In addition, there is more wire noise with the X10i when i use it to exercise.

Is there any difference between the S4 and S4 II? I'm just curious.

• 11 months later...

Seeing bwbike saying

After more than a year of using both, I still like the sound of the S4/S5 phones better

ands Thai saying

The S4 may lack some delicate detail, but it is more exciting to listen to

I think this may be due to the impedance of the s4 being 18ohms vs the X10 being 50 ohms. Phones and ipods are much more easily driven w/o a amp at that level, hence a stronger sound.