Mikey's Home Theater Construction mode.

MichaelandKlipsch

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks RH havent talked to you in a while. Man let me tell you in every way you and Youthman were right. There is simply nothing quite comparable to watching movies on the screen that big. I have literally been like a bear in a cave up there watching everything from back to the future to horror films and back. everything is like watching it over for the first time in many respects. The only thing missing is my curtain and Im done for a while. Havent switched off the Darbee from 45%. Overall I love the way it looks on that setting. Been concentrating on the Music room as of late and just ordered my 2 RF7iis in Cherry. I picked up a Aragon 4004 2ch amp and a Aragon 24k Pre-amp. I have the amp/preamp and cabling already but waiting on the speakers to get here hopefully next week. As much as I love the THX speakers for movies I miss seeing the giant tower speakers (i.e. my old RF-83s) so I listened to several 2 ch setups and ultimately decided on the RF-7iis. Ready to listen to great music on some beautiful towers again. Hope all is well RH

Completely agree with you Youth. Albeit not terrible. They certainly arent for music. Film soundtrack sounds great through the system but I do a lot of music listening while doing things around the house or tending to the fish tank. I have listened to my music the past several months through my apple computer speakers and Im certainly ready to have a 2 CH setup. I will post pictures once it is all setup. Im putting both RF7-iis in the two corners of the living room next to the fireplace. The speaker wires run through the wall and below the floor where my amp and pre amp will be stored out of sight. Shouldnt take me too long with the install but I most likely wont do it until after the wedding... Getting married next month and have been crazy busy. But when I get back from the honeymoon Im certainly installing the speaks.

Thanks RH haven’t talked to you in a while. Man let me tell you in every way you and Youthman were right. There is simply nothing quite comparable to watching movies on the screen that big. I have literally been like a bear in a cave up there watching everything from back to the future to horror films and back. everything is like watching it over for the first time in many respects. The only thing missing is my curtain and I’m done for a while. Haven’t switched off the Darbee from 45%. Overall I love the way it looks on that setting. Been concentrating on the Music room as of late and just ordered my 2 RF7ii’s in Cherry. I picked up a Aragon 4004 2ch amp and a Aragon 24k Pre-amp. I have the amp/preamp and cabling already but waiting on the speakers to get here hopefully next week. As much as I love the THX speakers for movies I miss seeing the giant tower speakers (i.e. my old RF-83s) so I listened to several 2 ch setups and ultimately decided on the RF-7iis. Ready to listen to great music on some beautiful towers again. Hope all is well RH

Glad to hear your happy. The big screen is hard to beat and is truly jaw dropping when done right. Congrats on your soon to be new speakers and your 2 channel set up. I too have been working hard on my 2nd system up stairs in the living room. A few weeks back i grabbed some 1981 Cornwalls in amazing condition [:D]. Here is a link to some more pics and comments.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/175997.aspx

post-50231-13819860001866_thumb.jpg