Where can I see the most improvement ( system upgrades ).

QUiKSR20

Welcome Back and congratulations on the new arrival.

From your pictures I see alot of nice tall items.

When your baby begins to pull itself up on things like speaker stands and pole lamps, then you will need to watch the toddler more carefully. Voice of experience talking. Toppling over of stuff happens. One of my kids climbed a CD display rack in an audio store as high as he could go until it came crashing down.

So, I would go with speakers with a larger base that cannot be pulled or pushed over easily.

Your HK is close to the floor, always check that volume knob before turning it on. Youngsters seem to love buttons and knobs.

Enjoy.

Thanks Buddy!!!

Yeah I know we have a baby gate thing caging off the audio stuff, I know what you mean hes starting to touch everything. Im sure RF62 II's will be more

stable with him vs the SB3 bookshelves. I have posted these for sale while I wait to find a good priced set of RF62 II's

Kids are a ton of fun but also a learning exp which im sure you know better than me but im seeing it already :)

The rf-62's will have a fuller sound as they have a lot more cabinet. Also you can contact panacea engineering on here. He is a forum member and a dealer so he can get you the best pricing around probably. So don't think on budget until you really know what you will be paying for. But I would shoot for the rf-62's amd rc-62 to match. That will surely get you buy for 10 years. I just picked up rf-62's. had a few sets before but the wife hates them! I have one big theater for myself and the small living room one for her. I keep buying rf-62's and trying to swap out the rf-42's but she always seems to notice! Lol oh well. Still got the man theater. That one is staying.

Ha, you always beat me to the price thing. It's true though! I ended up being able to upgrade all of my speakers because I found out I could get them way cheaper than MSRP. Definitely shop around. I ended up contacting all of the sellers in the authorized online dealers list and saved myself a ton of money. Audioholics gave me the best price out of the dealers I contacted, but I ended up going local when they beat the price.

I'm going to jump on the upgrading AVR bandwagon too tho. Lots of new technology out there now. Also, with the newer klipsch, harshness isn't as prevalent as I've heard it was in the past so finding a matching brand AVR isn't as big of a deal. I've used onkyo and denon and both are great. I know other people on the forum have yamaha and pioneer (as well as other brands) and are satisfied as well.

The only reason to use bookshelf speakers is if you don't have the floor space for speakers and must put your speakers on shelves. When bookshelf speakers are on stands, they take up as much floor space as floor standers, without having the larger cabinets that allow for deeper bass.

In general, the larger the cabinets, the deeper the bass can go, and the higher the sensitivity/efficiency can go.

As others have mentioned, upgrading in many small steps is more expensive than upgrading in one or two large steps. You could jump right to the top with the Heritage Series, and get a pair of La Scalas, which would fit nicely in your room. If your budget won't accomodate them yet, you could start with two or three Heresy IIs or IIIs front and centre. Despite their short size, Heresy speakers are floor standers, needing only to be tilted back a bit (Klipsch makes low angled stands for them).

Later, when you get La Scalas or Belles for the front L-C-R, the Heresys can become your surround and rear speakers. Heresys have been in production for many years, and new or used ones are easy to find.

for me, i always suggest a Crossover upgrade. it's simple, easy (if you know how to solder), and in the end gives you a whole new speaker. for the most part, the end result is a new level of clarity. think of it this way, put a pillow over your speakers, listen, then take them off, that's what you get. people around here also neglect their surrounds, upgrade them too. make them more clear and you will hear all new parts of a movie you "knew" were not there.

beware, you can fall into a rabbit hole of suggested crossover parts. i have called Jeff at Sonic Craft (www.soniccraft.com) and he has not lead me wrong on any project i have done. there is not one capacitor that fits all. after you tell him what you have, what you like, what you need, and your budget he will make the best suggestion based on that.

this way, you keep the speakers you have your room set up for, the gear you know works the way you like, and you don't have to "figure out" how something new will work in the room.

just my suggestion.