nicest Scala"s i"ve seen

hugeroost

Rhetor, your right, but imo if everything checks out under the hood their worth quite a bit more than a plain vanilla, they may very well pull 15-2k, i"d go 15 myself if they were close, and looked as good inside as out

Hugeroost . . . I am in agreement with you . . . Definitely worth over $1100, if under those grills the same mad artistic skills were carried through, I could see them selling to the right owner for $1500 . . . And, maybe that is the target group, albeit a finite small one, a few people looking for a complete restoration in the dog houses too, but with am artistic result purposely out,of,the,paradigm out of the original factory look. Because, these,definitely,are far from original.

This does not seem to feel like the owner is,selling just,to thin his heard, but is motivated,to sell to a smaller group of persons whose desire is to secure a pair of La Scallas as an artistic interpretation, rather than an original factory set, even finished and grilled one. But, for $1500 any buyer is gonna ask before purchase to see,the speakers sans those interesting grills. And sometimes people are willing to sell high and sit on them until someone in the US or overseas with more money than sense pulls the trigger and then pay . . . Like people have a larger "patience" gene in their DNA than this of us looking,for,the bottomline,best deal on a set of serviceable speakers.the buy wants to move,fast. I guess what I am saying is: I WANT TO SEE UNDER,THOSE GRILLS! :-)

They are back on sale again . .,.,for $2000 "Buy It Now " . . . They are getting prettier each time the price drops. But . . . I STILL WANT TO SEE UNDER THOSE GRILLS! But that ribbon Mahogany with the cane grills is beautiful. :-) they will be gorgeous,at $1200! ;-)

they will be gorgeous,at $1200! ;-)

As were mine. For comparison, mine had been beautifully refinished, dog house and outside. Sharp corners and edge banded. Smoked glass protectors were cut for the tops in the perfect shape of the speaker. They also had Crites titanium tweeters and ALK universal crossovers. The only thing I had to do was put 2 logos on and make 2 jumpers for the crossover that were lost. Mike was asking 1200 and that's what I paid. BTW, the speakers are much better looking in person than the above pics. I think the flash washed them out a little.

They are back on sale again . .,.,for $2000 "Buy It Now " . . . They are getting prettier each time the price drops. But . . . I STILL WANT TO SEE UNDER THOSE GRILLS! But that ribbon Mahogany with the cane grills is beautiful. :-) they will be gorgeous,at $1200! ;-)

He's getting there! Perhaps I will send him a message indicating we need some pics behind the grilles.

As were mine. For comparison, mine had been beautifully refinished, dog house and outside. Sharp corners and edge banded. Smoked glass protectors were cut for the tops in the perfect shape of the speaker. They also had Crites titanium tweeters and ALK universal crossovers. The only thing I had to do was put 2 logos on and make 2 jumpers for the crossover that were lost. Mike was asking 1200 and that's what I paid. BTW, the speakers are much better looking in person than the above pics. I think the flash washed them out a little.

I'll bet yours sound better too. [:D]

Mike