KLF-20 Crossovers

Deang

This is a one off. I ended up with these boards a couple of years ago and decided it was time to get them out of the workroom. Recapped with Dayton Audio 1 percenters, film and foil bypass caps, new electrolytics for the low pass, and Mills resistors. $175.00 shipped.

post-3205-1381982924499_thumb.jpg

Plug and play guys. It's just a simple swap out. One of the advantages of doing it this way is everything goes back together the same way it came out. I don't mess with the wiring. It's perfectly fine.

I have a couple of emails asking me if these are better than what Bob builds on the boards. Technically, no. Bob uses better capacitors along with his better autoformers and coils. I do have a nice film and foil bypass cap in there and my resistors are better. [:P] These will still sound very good along with a very simply installation.

Skifastbadly, I noticed you have just a few posts here. I can personally attest to the quality of Deans work along with a few hunderd other people who have had their crossovers reworked by him. He's honest and does VERY good work.

Carl

I hope I didn't come across as doubting that. You're right I am new to the forum (but not forums). I didn't even know there WAS a Klipsch forum until a couple of weeks ago, and imagined this to be the kind of place where specs/prices/sales were discussed. I'm suddenly thrust into a world where people are hacking their crossover networks, re-bracing the speaker boxes, and swapping out plastic tweeters for titanium. It's a lot to absorb. I fear this innocent venturing into the forum may end up eventually costing me a lot of money....

Skifastbadly, I noticed you have just a few posts here. I can personally attest to the quality of Deans work along with a few hunderd other people who have had their crossovers reworked by him. He's honest and does VERY good work.

Carl

I hope I didn't come across as doubting that. You're right I am new to the forum (but not forums). I didn't even know there WAS a Klipsch forum until a couple of weeks ago, and imagined this to be the kind of place where specs/prices/sales were discussed. I'm suddenly thrust into a world where people are hacking their crossover networks, re-bracing the speaker boxes, and swapping out plastic tweeters for titanium. It's a lot to absorb. I fear this innocent venturing into the forum may end up eventually costing me a lot of money....

You've entered a forum full of people who'll be happy to tell you how to spend your money[:D]

There was no doubting implied on your end that I saw. I just thought I'd offer some reassurance to a new forum member.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...