(2) KP 4000c 18" Subwoofers and (2) KP 3002c 15" Two Way Speakers For Sale

Matt Graumann

Hello Klipsch Friends,

I've been a lurker for a while, and have enjoyed this board! So apologies if I've finally signed up just to sell some speakers, but this might make someone very happy:

All were bought new, I am the original owner. They have only been used for mobile DJ work, mainly weddings.

They always have been stored in the garage or van.

(2) KP 4000-C Subwoofers. Each has (1) 18" driver, and (1) 15" passive radiator.

(2) KP 3002-C Speakers. Each has (1) 15" woofer and a horn.

Fuses are fine in all of the speakers.

All speakers have (2) 1/4" inputs.

Crossovers in the 3002-C's are all fine.

Long ago, I pulled off the ugly red "Klipsch" logos from the front grilles.

They are all in good cosmetic condition, just minor scratches and carpet tears.

Usually powered by a QSC Powerlight PLX 3602 (700 w/ch x 2 stereo) or a PLX 3402 (550 w/ch x 2 stereo) in my biamped DJ sound system, so the subwoofer drivers and passive radiators are all fine, they haven't been fried by underpowering them.

The woofers in the 3002's are fine, but one of the tweeters was blown recently...I took it out and superglued the circular wire section to the round metal dome diaphragm, and it seems to work fine, now.

All surrounds are in great condition, nothing is torn.

Willing to deliver in the Los Angeles/Orange County/Ventura/Santa Barbara areas.

Link to the specs:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/storage/74/1202810/KP-3002-C.pdf

Pricing, KP 4000's $225 each. KP 3002-C's $225 each.

Thank you!

MatthewGraumann@sbcglobal.net
805-581-5455

(Pic is of KP 3002c back panel)

post-58542-13819829452936_thumb.jpg

Hey, does anyone know how much it would cost to ship these from Los Angeles to Florida? :)

Each sub weighs 85 lbs, and each 3002 weighs 70 lbs.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the 3002's have been lightly used. They are just too much speaker for my weddings.

When I first got the 3002's with the subs, the 3002's were used as tops for the first maybe 5-6 years. So they were crossed over around 100Hz.

Since then, they have pretty much sat in the garage, and have only gone out once a year for an outdoors March of Dimes walkathon for 400-500 people.

For that event, they were run full range up on tripods. (No subs, because the load in was super early in the morning, and it's a long push to the stage)...so the woofers in the 3002's have seen very little (heavy duty) use.

For this outdoor event, the 3002's juiced with 550 w/ch from the QSC Powerlight sound pretty good!

Just bump up the eq. (my system has always had a Rane 30 band stereo eq.) in the 50-80hz range, and cut 6 db. or so in the 2K-4K for the mid highs (those horns can really get going!)...

P.S. Here's my website, so you know that I'm not some baseball cap wearing rappin' mobile DJ! www.MattGraumann.com

I've been using Uship.com lately for my large order shipments. Haven't had any issues yet and you can always get things quoted on the site and decide not to ship.

The real tough part is sending a big truck to a res neighborhood is normally frowned upon and needing a liftgate always bumps up price, so it's real helpful if you can ship somewhere with a loading dock.

Good Luck with the sale!

• 1 month later...

Hello Kg4guy,

Thank you, the 4000's found a home with some kids a few homes up the block, I hope I don't regret that decision....haven't heard any "boom boom boom" all night long, yet, though!

The 3002's just shipped last week to a gentlemen in Arkansas. Not sure if he's on here, but I will let him know if he needs anything. He was looking for a pair of logos, though. Unfortunately, I had long ago taken those off and thrown them away.

Please tell Paul I said "Hello," he was a great guy!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...