wireless sub opinion...

Schu

Having never tried it... I am wondering if there is any downside to the wireless option to subwoofers?

is there any lag or loss of range etc?

So long as you are in range, you can put a sub anywhere there is an electrical outlet. Those are other caveats.

I have not tried them, but as I understand, many people have had excellent results from them.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the idea of the wireless sub is great depending on your situation and your listening requirements. I think that if you are serious about home theater and have put a lot of time and energy into building a nice system and want that power the subs create you would want a nice powered sub connected via some nice sub cables. I also think that for say a family room bedroom etc the wireless subs that come with the Klipsch sound bars etc. are really a nice treat. Im considering a setup with the wireless subs for my master bedroom and would be able to hide the sub behind a dresser. But as far as my theater room. I wouldnt use a wireless sub. Some dont have an option of hiding wires well though so it makes sense to some, but doesnt to others. I for see a wireless sub in my future