Forte II VS La Scala

Ajcrash

that's easy just trick out your favorite set. You can swap the ti drivers (mids and tweeters) around, but I think that it is pretty easy to figure out the hierarchy of them which models do you have? Once you deck out your best the rest won't matter so very much unless you want to have multiple systems. Save the very best for your two channelrig. Best regards Moray James.

Well, I checked back before I headed up to Auburn today, and the seller told me that the first person that showed up took them. I'm a bit mixed about it, on the one hand I would love a pair of La Scalas; yet I don't think given what I was told here that in the space I have I would be able to do them justice. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be I suppose. Someday though I shall have some La Scalas or better.

Yeah, they usually go pretty quick and that seemed like a fair price. I didn't expect them to last long.

There will be more. Thanks for the update,

Dennie

One thing I've learned when it come to looking for specific speakers, paitence does pay off in the long run.

25th ID huh? I was over on K-bay with 3rd FSSG ages ago.

Yeah, they usually go pretty quick and that seemed like a fair price. I didn't expect them to last long.

There will be more. Thanks for the update,

Dennie

One thing I've learned when it come to looking for specific speakers, paitence does pay off in the long run.

25th ID huh? I was over on K-bay with 3rd FSSG ages ago.

...and a fast truck!!! [;)]

Yeah, 25th ID(Light)! 2/11 FA many years ago, too!

Dennie

When you are thinking of new/different speakers, it's a good idea to cut up some cardboard the size of of the bottoms and place on the floor to see how much room you are losing. For example, LaScalas are 23.75" (60.33cm) x 24.5" (62.23cm). You can see you lose a lot more space than placing Forte II at 16.5" (41.9cm) x 12.25" (31.1cm).

Doing the KHorn you will find the LaScalas may actually take up more room. [:|]

Bruce

Agreed. I wasn't terribly worried about lost floor space, for now they would have gone into my office. I don't have a lot of stuff in there; just my desk, my Forte's and a small table for the amp. My safe and other gear is tucked away in the closet. I could have pulled it off in here placing a small sub under the table I have the amp on. For a 10x10 room though the Forte's are plenty loud, I just track something up and spin around 180 in my desk chair and grin. [H]

Funny that you mention KHorns though... I was browsing those a few hours ago. Yep, I've got the sickness. I tell the wife that at least I'm not blowing my money at a bar or stip club.

That is a good tip though, it'd help you envision the footprint of the cabinet. Thanks.

To my ears... the Forte ll's have much more detail. The Scala's will provide more volume, but there is

a trade off. The Forte ll's are very clean and detail oriented speakers. I am not a big fan of the La Scalas.

I had a pair a while back and sold them because they didn't have enough detail for me. Folded horns give nice

rounded bass tones for blues and vintage jazz. If you want tight punchy bass, stick with the Forte ll's.

To my ears... the Forte ll's have much more detail. The Scala's will provide more volume, but there is

a trade off. The Forte ll's are very clean and detail oriented speakers. I am not a big fan of the La Scalas.

I had a pair a while back and sold them because they didn't have enough detail for me. Folded horns give nice

rounded bass tones for blues and vintage jazz. If you want tight punchy bass, stick with the Forte ll's.

It sounds like you had "original" La Scalas and crossovers. That was my experience also.

Then I updated/replaced the crossovers and WOW, the detail was there, along with some of the most amazing Bass I've ever heard.

......[<:o)]

The La Scala is an amazing speaker and typically, the networks need to be updated to hear it.

Dennie

The La Scala is an amazing speaker and typically, the networks need to be updated to hear it.

Many thumbs up for this comment! Punchy, tight bass, and that's coming from SET amps at 3.5 watts per channel. There is a real difference between how direct radiators sound compared to folded horns.

Some folks just don't like the folded horns.

Bruce