KP-301 II's

CECAA850

I hooked them up last night and had a listen. It seems that the speakers will receive a full signal by using either or both binding posts, they may be wired parallel, I don't know.

I am having issues however. They seem very bass shy compared to how I remember them in the past. I can put my ear to the woofers and they're producing sound but not the prodigious bass that they're known for. I haven't checked fuses yet but I would think if the LF fuses were blown, I wouldn't have anything out of the woofers at all. The fuses weren't blown the last time I listened to them either (4 or 5 years ago). Any one have any ideas what to check?

Thanks, Carl

The binding posts (and NL4 in the II version) are wired in parallel. if you remove the jack cup you will see two red wires. Clipping them makes the speaker biampable and in that case you have HF and LF input terminals in the binding posts and NL4. A reading of the network schematic will show this.

KP 301 II 3.6A.pdf

Keep in mind that II generally stands for 'Tractrix' and these are no exception. The K600 (Cornwall) horn from the KP301 was replaced with the K604 horn (forte II) in the KP301 II model. This has quite a large effect on a PA speaker turning it from a 90 degree model to 60 degree. Great if you need to fire longer distances, not so great if you're in a wide room. Me, I use KP362's doubled up (110 degrees approx) in larger rooms. Small rooms (speaker on stick ) get the KP301.