WTB KLF30 Woofers

oldmako

K-31-K

Many thanks.

I feel for you. Out of all the speakers I've ever owned I have only had problems with one woofer and it would be the K-31-K. Klipsch told me after I bought my first batch that you couldn't purchase them any longer. This was about a year ago so I hope things have changed and the old K-31-K production line is back up and running. I have just never seen so many failures as this particular woofer.

According to Bob, Klipsch no longer supplies these. I spoke with Mr Crites and he said having them reconed wasn't such a good idea. Apparently the required parts aren't available and those which might imitate them are substandard??? I may have misunderstood him, so please don't take my recollection as an accurate explanation of what he stated. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. He suggested his replacement woofers. He said that in A/B comparisons so far, no one can tell them apart from the originals (soundwise, but they look a bit different). His replacements are readily available, but a bit pricy. At least for me, this month.

If I were closer to CT I'd snap them up!

After emailing Klipsch several times they finally responded saying that these woofers were available for purchase. This was about two months ago. I believe they were quoted at $122.00 each. How much are the Crites version?

Well I hear what Bob is saying but a good re cone shop can put new coils/formers on those cones and match a set of four up just dandy. Many many shops will screw them up so there you go. Save your coin and give your support to Bob he has earned it. I would rather have a paper cones over a plastic set any day of the week. Problem solved. Best regards Moray James.

SWL - I think it was 180/pair. Not sure exactly because I was in full Charlie Manson mode at that point. Rage does weird things to a mans head. Especially a man wearing jellies and equipped with a very small brain.

Moray - Can you please recommend a decent shop to do this work? I am interested in all options at this point.

Thanks.