Medium Oak Touch-up

bwilbur

I just picked up a pair of KLF-10s last night with a medium oak finish. The tops had the standard damage - potting plant rings. The finish has worn thin on the tops but the veneer seems to be in good enough shape to keep for now. I was thinking to sand them a refinish but I am not sure what combination of stain and oil would work best for medium oak. Golden oak seems to work fine for oiled oak but I am having trouble finding anything on the forums about medium oak which has an orange-like tint to it. Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone noticed that when searching with google that Klipsch forum results don't seem to come up any longer.

Thanks,

Brian

What is the deal with potted plants on beautiful Klipsch speakers? I made it clear from day-one that nothing potentially damaging is to be placed on top of my Fortes... The only time of year anything lands on top of mine is Halloween, when witch-Lucy sits there for a couple of weeks.

Yes, it is amazing how many speakers in the used market have the plant rings. I would imagine that in most cases the one who bought the speakers was not the one who decided to decorate by putting a plant on top of them. Still a shame.

@ Moray - great idea. I will definitely test the bottoms first.

@ Chris - Thanks for the color chart. I am familiar with Watco. I was thinking the natural oak might work but I hoping someone here may have had some experience with the medium oak.

@ liebherr - thanks, I'll be careful.

Regards,

Brian