a pair of rf52s in a quintet IV ht system

purplehaze

Yeah I'm notmsuremwhat your budget is but since you bought the older rf-52's a matching rc-52 should be very easy to find. In fact I know a guy that has one sitting around. It's my old one that he bought from me and he almost immediately Bought a rc-62 cause a local one popped up and he had 82's for his mains. I can ask how much he wants for it. Where you located?

Greetings

I started off with the same quintets and i bought my current RB-81's and used them with the quintet center and it worked but as someone else mentioned the center channel does get overwhelmed.

I would save up for the RC-52, i owned that speaker as well and it was a huge jump in sound, everything sounded bigger (sound stage).The center channel and the subwoofer tend to be the most important speakers in a home theater.

When listening to music you will notice a huge difference between the quintets and the RB-52's. Don't get me wrong your current speakers are good but the 52's will be a huge step up in sound. Plus like you said you can go from 5.1 to 7.1.