Center Channel

gsxr970

a center channel to me is over rated

Just curious why you went with a Lascala then instead of doing without?

in other words why don't you recommend for these guys to get the best center like the RC-64ii.

Although the RC-64ii is a much better center than the RC-62ii, it was never intended to be used with the RF-82ii and is not voice matched to them. It would be similar to having a Khorn for a center and a pair of Heresy's as your mains. Wink

Youth, i don't believe that for one second. have you ever tried having heresy mains and a k-horn center???

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wanta know why i went with a lascala instead of doing without. testing to see what would sound the best. wanted to see what all the hoooppla was with a center channel. i'm talking10 - 20 years ago

i had 3 sets of k-horns/ 3 sets of belles/ one set of lascalas/ 14 cornwalls/ 12 heresys in my house

• Moderators

Youth, i don't believe that for one second. have you ever tried having heresy mains and a k-horn center???

No I haven't and probably no one else has either. That was my point, they weren't designed to be setup in that configuration. The RC-64ii is a higher caliber speaker than a pair of RF-82ii's as is the Khorn vs the Heresy.

you wanta know why i went with a lascala instead
of doing without. testing to see what would sound the best. wanted to
see what all the hoooppla was with a center channel. i'm talking10 - 20
years ago

It was a legitimate question. Do you still
use a center or was that 20 years ago? I was under the impression that
you tried different centers and settled on the Lascala as being the best
match for your Khorns and still have it setup that way today. Maybe I
misunderstood that.

I can see if the speakers disappear in the room and are set up so imaging is almost perfect that we wouldn't miss a center channel that much. I think the term most important speaker is because if you do have a center channel speaker in the system then it becomes the most important. Because if its junk or sub par it will effect the ht alot. I don't think the term is meant as its the most important speaker to have. I could be wrong but its how I take it.

So I see your point budman.

No I haven't and probably no one else has either. That was my point, they weren't designed to be setup in that configuration. The RC-64ii is a higher caliber speaker than a pair of RF-82ii's as is the Khorn vs the Heresy.

you wanta know why i went with a lascala instead

of doing without. testing to see what would sound the best. wanted to

see what all the hoooppla was with a center channel. i'm talking10 - 20

years ago

It was a legitimate question. Do you still

use a center or was that 20 years ago? I was under the impression that

you tried different centers and settled on the Lascala as being the best

match for your Khorns and still have it setup that way today. Maybe I

misunderstood that.

I don't think he has khorns anymore youth.

right now i have 4.1 sytem

my main living room has Cornwall fronts with Heresy rears and a RSW-15

just dismantled my basement system with RF-7ii/64ii center/rs-52's sold the RS's last month and shipped the 64 off on monday. have 2 parties interested in the 7's

when they sell i'm getting back to k-horns and probaly a lascala center ( still over rated ) with cornwall or heresy rears with my second RSW-15 with my Sunfire amp and preamp

Knorbu, IMO you are correct, the voice matched thing is over rated if you are staying in the Reference line. I can't tell that my RC 64 was not meant to go with my RF 7's. I can't pickup a timber problems with music or movies. With music, matching becomes an even more critical issue.

Knorbu, IMO you are correct, the voice matched thing is over rated if you are staying in the Reference line. I can't tell that my RC 64 was not meant to go with my RF 7's. I can't pickup a timber problems with music or movies. With music, matching becomes an even more critical issue.

Thanks Derrick

I think going with what is recommended is the best route but sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do.,I tried getting a 64 but with the shipping nightmares I read, and the fact I don't trust any Tom, Richard, or Henry , to be honest on the inter web , I felt safer buying from an authorized dealer. When the Klipsch rep said no big deal, I went for the 64ii, and have absolutely no regrets. That being said.....if the 82ii's are supposed to be mated with the rc62 center, I would definitely attempt getting the 62., the 64ii is ginormous..

(

by the way,, I have yet to meet a Tom, Richard, or Henry,on the forum that I would'nt trust

Mark

Budman, I said "the center channel and subwoofer are the two most important speakers in your HT(IMO)." Would you say your left K-Horn or right K-Horn are more important than a center channel?

Anyway, if you have a TV wall wider than 18' I would still say that the center channel is the most important speaker in any HT. I am a noob though so take that with a grain of salt :)

Budman, I said "the center channel and subwoofer are the two most important speakers in your HT(IMO)." Would you say your left K-Horn or right K-Horn are more important than a center channel?

Anyway, if you have a TV wall wider than 18' I would still say that the center channel is the most important speaker in any HT. I am a noob though so take that with a grain of salt :)

K5SS - I just noticed in your signature that you're using RS-3's as your surrounds and FRONTS? If this is true than I will be taking everything that you say with huge grains of salt ;)

OP, I think pretty much all of the bases have been covered here so I'll just agree with the consensus. The RC-62 is made for your 82's but the RC-64 would be great as well and offer you the flexibility of moving up to 7's in the future, without also having to do a center channel upgrade. Best of luck to you!

I think the timber matching issues is important if you are not using an autocalibration program with system setup and just an spl meter. But, when using an autocalibration program, it should adjust the output and EQ settings so that it is not a significant issue. Most modern avr's have such a program

Chad is a good friend of mine everyone thanks for the nice welcome to him. Chad. This is kind of the route it was thinking for you. The RC-62ii is a perfect match for your new RF-82iis. The deal you got on the RC-35 was good but like I said Id see about selling it on the garage sale to see if someone else can use it beneficially with their speakers more so then you. Several of the users on here you have spoken with have helped me a great deal as well. I can for see a beautiful RC-62ii joining those towers of yours soon. Happy hunting my friend. Text me with any questions as well.