Make up my mind-amp

McMiRA

Came across two deals locally

First one is a Lafayette stereo 236a with new tubes

Second is a hafler ta1600 in box

Same distance away, same price. Plan on running the LSI s off em.

Any thoughts?

Either way I'm needing an amp so I can return my zone 2 back to the outdoor speakers and get them off the LSI s. You tend to loose your credibility with the wife when your standing outside with the remote yelling at the outdoor speakers becuase they won't respond, meanwhile the la scalas in the house are upsetting the dogs and the wife just stands they're shaking her head watching your antics through the window In disbelief, opps

Amazing, this thing actually has a nice bottom end, isn't overly bright at all. I'd say perfectly balanced. Now I just have to figure out some room acoustics. The sweet spot for the bass is just forward of my couch, lower you go the better. Couch is of course against a wall so I'm sure that's sme of the issue but rooms not deep enough to slide it forward. Leaning forward to get Into the sweet spot just isn't cutting it. La scalas at 8 feet apart and 10 feet forward of the listening position. Slightly toed in.

Amazing, this thing actually has a nice bottom end, isn't overly bright at all. I'd say perfectly balanced. Now I just have to figure out some room acoustics. The sweet spot for the bass is just forward of my couch, lower you go the better. Couch is of course against a wall so I'm sure that's sme of the issue but rooms not deep enough to slide it forward. Leaning forward to get Into the sweet spot just isn't cutting it. La scalas at 8 feet apart and 10 feet forward of the listening position. Slightly toed in.

Sweet! [<:o)]

I have my La Scalas "toed" in a little more, they are almost facing my listening position. Yeah, a couch against the wall is never a good thing. Can you move it out a foot or so, just to give it a try?

Dennie

I wish. This rooms to shallow. if i slide the couch a foot it slides the chair a foot into the hallway.and I can't turn the room long ways becuase everything in the av rack runs through the wall into the theater room and again have to deal with the hallway. Not an ideal room at all.

I wish. This rooms to shallow. if i slide the couch a foot it slides the chair a foot into the hallway.and I can't turn the room long ways becuase everything in the av rack runs through the wall into the theater room and again have to deal with the hallway. Not an ideal room at all.

Well then, you'll have to do what most of us do.... Enjoy it as it is! [<:o)]

Dennie