Fire Sale(Really, Sale to Fund Used Car Purchase)---Maybe?

willland

1958 chevy PU bought used about 1973? Still have it. That old stuff, if it did not fit you just drug out an arc welder or cutting torch and made do. Had 235 straight six. Now has small block with 350 HP corvette cam. Needs new rear end, clutch, and maybe new tranny. Ran good until I tore the rear end up.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck my friend....

Kevin,

Thanks for the good luck wishes, I think I am having some. Just did my tax return and $2200.00 is coming our way. A little $$$ in PayPal, tax return $$$, and maybe only the sale of a couple of pieces and we are good to go.

I'll update things when they change.

Thanks again,

Bill

Just did my tax return and $2200.00 is coming our way. A little $$$ in PayPal, tax return $$$, and maybe only the sale of a couple of pieces and we are good to go.

Great news Bill! Glad "Uncle Sam" was in your corner this year. Best wishes with the [au]

Bill,

With a collection of high end gear that you display it is very hard for me to swallow that your in financial trouble because of a beat car. I always drooled over your sig. and always wondered what you did for living to obtain such top shelf stuff. Me, I'm on dissabillity and in Jersey so the likely hood of me getting anything if this sale goes through is pretty remote. Me I usually go the C/L route to go after my stuff and have been pretty lucky w/ the exception of any Klipsch gear worth mentioning. I do in the truest sense of it all hope you over come your grief and hopefully will not have to ditch your collection .

• Moderators

leftwinger, Bill is like many of us here, often finding good deals on quality used gear. Plus, he has built his collection over time (again like many of us).

We just gotta encourage Bill to work on his Dave Ramsey Emergency Fund. [:P] And for all we know, he could have depleted his emergency due to an emergency and was currently in the process of building it back up when another financial hit came along. [;)]

leftwinger, Bill is like many of us here, often finding good deals on quality used gear. Plus, he has built his collection over time (again like many of us).

Michael is correct, I like many scan the used gear websites almost daily(okay daily) looking for a score and often am pretty successful. Those $70.00 RB-5 deals or $200.00 Sunfire True Subwoofer Signature deals don't pop up often but they do pop up on occasion and you have to be quick with the trigger. Finding deals like these put you in a position to enjoy them for a bit and then sell for a "reasonable" profit to fund the gear purchases that you really want in your system.

We just gotta encourage Bill to work on his Dave Ramsey Emergency Fund. Stick out tongue And for all we know, he could have depleted his emergency due to an emergency and was currently in the process of building it back up when another financial hit came along. Wink

Most of my emergency fund went to the $1700.00 of repairs and maintenance on my car last summer. I guess my excess of gear is my current emergency fund.[^o)]

Bill

Bill,
With a collection of high end gear that you display it is very hard for me to swallow that your in financial trouble because of a beat car. I always drooled over your sig. and always wondered what you did for living to obtain such top shelf stuff. Me, I'm on dissabillity and in Jersey so the likely hood of me getting anything if this sale goes through is pretty remote. Me I usually go the C/L route to go after my stuff and have been pretty lucky w/ the exception of any Klipsch gear worth mentioning. I do in the truest sense of it all hope you over come your grief and hopefully will not have to ditch your collection .

yeah, uhhh right. Hey Willand maybe you, me and others with way too much nice gear (that was obtained by working hard, etc) ought to divey it all up to those who have less gear so everyone can have the same. Maybe we can get the government to set this all up.

yeah, uhhh right. Hey Willand maybe you, me and others with way too much nice gear (that was obtained by working hard, etc) ought to divey it all up to those who have less gear so everyone can have the same. Maybe we can get the government to set this all up.

While that can be a sore subject(entitlement) for me also, please let's not go there in this thread or any other for that matter.[:#][:S] Just go sign up for the BS forum and let it rip.[;)] Miss Amy hasn't shut down a thread in a while so let's not get on her bad side.

Bill

Good luck my friend....

Kevin,

Thanks for the good luck wishes, I think I am having some. Just did my tax return and $2200.00 is coming our way. A little $$$ in PayPal, tax return $$$, and maybe only the sale of a couple of pieces and we are good to go.

I'll update things when they change.

Thanks again,

Bill

Sounds fishy, Bill . . . Did you do your own taxes or did H&R Block do them again? Let's talk about some of those so-called deductions . . . Duct tape for roof repair? Professional trip to Hawaii to audition pre-owned Adcom amp for sale by a craigslister, including mileage to and from the Orlando airport and lunch at Ruth Crist's Steakhouse? That $2200 tax return was pretty convenient and a little too timely not to be a suspicious find. :-). Glad to hear less gear for sale may be the conclusion. All the best.

Sounds fishy, Bill . . . Did you do your own taxes or did H&R Block do them again? Let's talk about some of those so-called deductions . . . Duct tape for roof repair? Professional trip to Hawaii to audition pre-owned Adcom amp for sale by a craigslister, including mileage to and from the Orlando airport and lunch at Ruth Crist's Steakhouse? That $2200 tax return was pretty convenient and a little too timely not to be a suspicious find. :-)

That's funny. No "funny" deductions going on here. I was at the VW shop and called my wife with the "good" news and asked her to get the taxes done ASAP to see if there was any reprive. I was surprised when she finished them up and gave me the results.[:D]

Bill

Now has small block with 350 HP corvette cam. Needs new rear end, clutch, and maybe new tranny. Ran good until I tore the rear end up.

Well John, at least we know what happened to the rear end, clutch, and trans, right? Wink

Bet ya don't! . . . . Son in law drove it helping SHMBO. He is BIG GUY and set the E brake. I never park it with the E brake. So when I went to move it the brakes locked tight.. Released the E brake and they remained locked, So instead of crawling under and backing them off, I tried to rock it back and forth. Fused pinion gear bearing, took out clutch springs, and have not been able to find solinoid to the old overdrive transmission I had put in there. Life goes on. I was not hot rodding the old PU. Now the Jeep, I blew up the overdrive trying to pull the front wheels off the ground in 2nd and over, and I was hot rodding that one at the time. Sometimes too much fun can get expensive. [:(] ,,,Taz.....The jeep's speedo only goes to 90mph. When you bury the needle in those old short wheel base jeeps it sure feels scary.

Sounds fishy, Bill . . . Did you do your own taxes or did H&R Block do them again? Let's talk about some of those so-called deductions . . . Duct tape for roof repair? Professional trip to Hawaii to audition pre-owned Adcom amp for sale by a craigslister, including mileage to and from the Orlando airport and lunch at Ruth Crist's Steakhouse? That $2200 tax return was pretty convenient and a little too timely not to be a suspicious find. :-)

That's funny. No "funny" deductions going on here. I was at the VW shop and called my wife with the "good" news and asked her to get the taxes done ASAP to see if there was any reprive. I was surprised when she finished them up and gave me the results.Big Smile

Bill

Hoping it comes down to not having you sell under duress, Bill. I can see myself buying from you in the future; you always find great stuff. But cannot bring myself to pick the bones of a forum member under duress. I would rather beat you down and win a great buy from you when you are under a full head of steam! :-). Hoping it all,works out for you . . . Love it when I guy is going for transportation WITHOUT incurring debt!

I don't cre how much time it took ammass the size of a collection that's worth many,many thousands of $s.Still hard times do fall on all types and classes and again I'm not in any way enjoying this. The speakers I would love of course are not to be shipped so how deep is this trouble really ,over a car. Besides he ripped into me for calling him

Wil which I guess is his anti christ name because he really let me have it and that I never forgot.

• Moderators

Still hard times do fall on all types and classes

This is true

Besides he ripped into me for calling him
Wil which I guess is his anti christ name because he really let me have it and that I never forgot.

Let it go....you will sleep much better at night. [;)]

I sleep fine at night ,Ambien takes care of that.I think all of you missed the part that I'm on a very fixed income and in no way could ever amass a collection like he has unless it was inherited but all my relatives are also either poor or have lousy taste in audio. Again if he was being forclosed on because of fall those bad loans the banks gave away ,now that's a story I can believe in. I my self drive a piece of shit 98' Saturn so again I know about misfortune, bad cars, and fixed incomes and financial disasters.