Stylus replacement recommendations

ajoker2c

I have a new to me Kyrocera PL-701 TT with Ortofon om20 cart. I'm needing a new stylus. Would another 20 be good or what upgrade can I expect going up to the om30 or om40 abnd which one would you suggest? What are other carts that would fit nicely with this TT. Sounds nice as is but seems like I'm missing a little mid range.

Thanks guys !

post-50163-13819829799802_thumb.jpg

First a list of what I use on my Yamaha PF800 since it was new: Shure V15VxMR, Shure V15 Type V, Ortofon VMS30. MKII, Stanton P888s.

Of all of those I like the Sure V15VxMR the best for it equal reproduction through the frequency range and tonality stability with large amounts of signal. When I first got it, it was very bass heavy but did break in nicely as Shure said it would.

The Ortofon was accurate but a bit laid back to me. Nice for light jazz or classical.

The Stanton is what I put on when the record has been put through hell and not wanting to risk one of the others. We used to refer to it as the Godzilla Bicept Claw.