1957 Electrovoice "Empire"--Worth Saving?

Rhetor

Depending upon the condition of the cabinet and overall appearance. Really sounds similar in size to my Aristocrat 2 way speaker with 12 inch Norelco woofer. Jazz tends to sound wonderful, with a good bottom end. I paid approximately half that price for mine, in good, not perfect condition. BTW, my speaker was bought in Atlanta. All Electrovoice speakers in cab would be nice but seems some replacements were done to these lines over the years, for better or worse.

Thanks, billy bob . . . I knew someone would have some tidbit of education. I am swamped trying to figure out and tweak the Heritage speakers I have collected . . . Way too much of a learning curve for me to rescue it. The asking price seemed a bit steep to my limited knowledge . . . Especially when he states he is going to cannibalize the woofer and throw,the rest to the curb if nobody buys. Someone ought to be able to get this for the value of the woofer, plus a little. But who knows what a seller might do . . . It is his speaker. Thanks.

It would really help to have the model number of the woofer for starter. Googled and there is an Alnico 15 speaker called the Nirvana that has some worth but, the magnet not half the size of a basketball. Maybe you could get some pics of what you can..happy hunting. BTW, I would want the other two horns and crossover. if you, before any curb alert.

Maybe an offer of $120 for starter would let you know how much in the way the whole speaker is in their home setting.

Good Fortune

Anyway, there are FR-full range-speakers which design makes for a 2 way, even 3 way speaker, 15 inch. Electrovoice branded speakers themselves were good enough for Klipsch duty. The other 2 horns if or not EV would be good to have. Without looking, had thought that my Aristocrat, a 2 way rather than another 3 way should fetch $200. I would want the cab myself, if were so fortunate as to pass by an unmistakeable bargain alongside the driveways.

It is an exciting sound the Norelco and rich with the low end to match the Nelson(?) supertweet on my speaker. I have another mono, an SpeakerCraft 2 way with Wolverine by EV 12 inch and t-25 tweet... It goes lower than would have thought. Worth the nostalgia.

I heard back from the seller . . . Says the woofer is worth $200 . . . And would not take anything less for the whole thing. Not model numbers, etc. Said he could not take pics, no camera and cannot figure out how to email pics any . . . O . . . K . . . Sometimes I think this hobby is as much fun for the strange adventures (in this case, non-adventure) some of us go on to secure a speaker or two. The email was so "unconventional," I think I will just save the gas and time from what would be, for me, a four-hour roundtrip.