Is there a difference between the woofers for the RF3 and the RC7?

D-Rex

The woofer in the RF-3 is the K-1083-SB. The woofer in the RC-7 is the K-1083-SV. Both are exactly the same other than the fact that the "SV" one is shielded while the "SB" one is not.

I recently had to replace one of my RC-7 woofers so I did some research on this.

Shielded used to matter a lot if it was working close to the TV. However, since magnetic fields don't affect the picture quality anymore, does it matter? Is there a good reason why the woofer would need to be shielded that I am missing?

Where did you find a replacement woofer for your RC7 and how much did it cost?

I am not sure but I don't think there is any difference between the two other than one being shielded and the other not being shielded.

I got my shielded RC-7 driver from here: http://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/brands/klipsch-rc-7-8-speaker/

I, in fact, got the last one they had and it seems they won't be getting any more. They are now selling the non-shielded RF-3 driver as a RC-7 replacement.