Deceptive listing on E-bay

gsxr970

• Moderators

Chad, you do realize people make mistakes right? The company has 5383 feedback and a 99.8% feedback score. I seriously doubt this seller is trying to be shady. A seller like this, is probably not selling a speaker from their own collection so they probably have no idea what the speaker is and could have easily copy/pasted the wrong info on the speaker.

In the future, it would be best to email the seller, not report them to Ebay. Give them the benefit of the doubt. [;)]

• Moderators

Also, the seller had 53 items currently listed at the same time...again, another reason for me to believe this was simply an error.

My guess is the seller received notification from Ebay, they noticed the error and pulled the ad because many people may have been bidding thinking they were buying an RC-62.

Good eye though.

I understand accidents happen, I wasn't trying to get the seller in trouble, but it seemed odd that the large description seemed to be typed by hand and not copied from lets the the Klipsch website. So how could you hand type a large description regarding the speaker and continually referencing the wrong model number yet you put the right one in the box above as the right model model number and yet still using the listing heading as a RC-62. Just seemed weird to me, and maybe I jumped the gun because I recently purchases an RC-35 which also listed as a RC-62 II. My bad. lol

Normally I don't get involved, but I think Chad did the right thing. Reporting the lister to Ebay would not hurt the lister's feedback score. Sending the lister an email could have, had Chad not been dilligent and a buyer complained.

For whatever reason, a lot of people I have come across today have been having a bad day. I am trying to be Mr. Positive. [:)]

"a no return policy" is gonna be the standard. Ebay has decided that unless you use this as the basis for your listing the buyer can decide 44 days later that they are not satisfied with the item and get a full refund from Ebay and eventually YOU. Sellers with high feedback rating will use this to protect against folks that just want to "borrow" an item.

I just wanted to thank you for your comment Mustang. My intent was not to get the seller in trouble. I consider Youth a new friend and understand his point. My intent wasn't to get a seller with an impeccable record in trouble, to be honest I didn't even look at the seller's track record. That being said, I could care less, no offense to Youth. I never thought they tried to mislead a potential buyer, but I thought I owed it to the e-bay community to inform the 17 bidders that they weren't going to get the item they thought they were bidding on. Maybe I went about the situation incorrectly by notifying E-bay of it first, but I did notify the seller of the fact that I reported it to e-bay, and therefore maybe denying the seller the option of amending the listing. This was the first time I've even ran across this situation and I'm learning as I go. I do appreciate friends input though so I can go about the right way to approach this situations in the future. Chad

I just wanted to thank you for your comment Mustang. My intent was not to get the seller in trouble. I consider Youth a new friend and understand his point. My intent wasn't to get a seller with an impeccable record in trouble, to be honest I didn't even look at the seller's track record. That being said, I could care less, no offense to Youth. I never thought they tried to mislead a potential buyer, but I thought I owed it to the e-bay community to inform the 17 bidders that they weren't going to get the item they thought they were bidding on. Maybe I went about the situation incorrectly by notifying E-bay of it first, but I did notify the seller of the fact that I reported it to e-bay, and therefore maybe denying the seller the option of amending the listing. This was the first time I've even ran across this situation and I'm learning as I go. I do appreciate friends input though so I can go about the right way to approach this situations in the future. Chad

When you think the thread has gotten too long, that certain post can be given the "Beat a Dead Horse Award." [ ;)]

Of course, it's February, sometimes "beating a dead horse" and maybe a few 12 oz curls, of the decreasing weight type , are the only types of exercise we get living with the cold and piles of snow. [:P]

post-38331-13819829939148_thumb.jpg

post-36163-0-90500000-1408187286_thumb.g

Edited by Fjd

We Ebay sellers appreciate e-mails and messages that tell us when we have something wrong, IF we have done it unintentionally. You also help provide a better EBAY experience for everyone! Personally, I do provide a 14 day return policy because it helps get me a 20% discount off my seller fees for being a Power Seller. I have not had anyone have to utilize my return policy, much less abuse it. I do know I have bought several items that I received not as described that I had to either return of ask for a partial refund. So, I am still a little more leery of the sellers than the buyers at this point.