Amazing Score on Craigslist!

Vital

I found a pair of very nice looking Fortes' on Craigslist for a great price so I went to see them. The guy was one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time. We talked a lot about God and other things and I ended up buying his near mint Fortes' for $375. They have sequential serial numbers and everything. As I'm getting ready to leave he asks me if I am interested in a sub for a good deal. I said that depends on the sub and how good of a deal lol. He showed me a Paradigm Servo-15 that he bought brand new and never hooked up. In the back of my mind I know that he will want more than I'm willing to pay since I already have two nice subs at home. I have read the reviews and I'm well aware of how nice the Paradigm is so I'm thinking he wants more than I'm willing to spend. He said if you want it you can have it for $100! Needless to say I have a brand new never used Paradigm Servo-15 to add to my Epik Empire twins! How sweet is that!? So a pair of pretty much mint Fortes' and a new paradigm Servo-15 for $475. Happy camper right here!

The mint fortes for $375.00 is a good score in itself. Add the highly desired Servo 15 for $100.00 is a crazy good score. I bought two Servo 15a's with an X-30 crossover for $600.00 and thought I did good. You realize that you scored a practically new $1500.00(10 to 15 years ago) high quality subwoofer for $100.00. These Servo 15's are practically bullet proof.

If you "need" an X-30 crossover for it, I have a mint one with box I could sell you.

Enjoy,

Bill

If you "need" an X-30 crossover for it, I have a mint one with box I could sell you.

Thank you Bill for that offer! He gave me the crossover still in it's box as well! I will plug this baby in tonight and have a listen. I read that it extends down to 12hz and can hit 120db in a typical room. Sounds like a winner!

I hope that you stay in contact with your friend because you gotta love having friends like that.

My wife and I talked about that and then he sent me a text this morning saying what a pleasure it was meeting us and what a blessing my wife is. We will be inviting him and his wife over for some BBQ on the Traeger and Big Green Egg real soon! It's rare to meet such nice people. He said selling me the Paradigm wasn't about the money, it was about sharing a wonderful thing with someone that he knows would enjoy it.

Thank you Bill for that offer! He gave me the crossover still in it's box as well! I will plug this baby in tonight and have a listen.

That's good to hear. The X-30 is hard to come by and I was going to put my remaining one up for sale soon. I did not mean to hijack your thread to peddle my goods but many times the sellers of the Servo 15's keep the X-30's for themselves.

I read that it extends down to 12hz and can hit 120db in a typical room. Sounds like a winner!

I can't testify about the 12hz(specs at 17hz) but I can totally confirm the 120dB. One Servo 15a combined with my RSW-10d totally transformed my system for HT and music.

Enjoy your toys and your new friends.

Bill

• Moderators

I hope that you stay in contact with your friend because you gotta love having friends like that.

My wife and I talked about that and then he sent me a text this morning saying what a pleasure it was meeting us and what a blessing my wife is. We will be inviting him and his wife over for some BBQ on the Traeger and Big Green Egg real soon! It's rare to meet such nice people. He said selling me the Paradigm wasn't about the money, it was about sharing a wonderful thing with someone that he knows would enjoy it.

Very nice to meet someone like that, you got lucky, there are still people out there like that just overshadowed by the other kind.

Good idea to have them over, It would probably make him happy to see how much you appreciate this hobby.