Professional Equivalent to the Heresy

chisoxpurdue

You may find some "industrial" Heresy's w/ standard components and specs, but w/ fused input panel and industrial trim.

HIP is Heresy Industrial Ported. LF response is only good down to about 90 Hz, but sensitivity is about 100 dB, as opposed to 96 dB of std Heresy.

KP201 is "industrial" Heresy II. Has additional tweeter protection, pro input panel, and plywood cabinet - slightly larger than Heresy II w/ internal bracing. KP250 is ported version and like the HIP, sensitivity is 101dB, LF response down to 90Hz.

KP301 is "industrial" Chorus. Same components, but w/ tweeter protection, plywood cabinet, pro input panel.

See earlier posts for differences between KP201 and KP201 II.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

If you look back in this thread a bit there should be ample details on all the models, specs, photos, networks etc have been posted.

HIP - Heresy Industrial Ported, early ones had EVM12L woofers, some version of AA network

HSM Heresy slant monitor very small enclosure volume, sacrificing much LF

The above were available in a stunning array of finishes from BB with trim to simply painted.

KP201 - Heresy II components exactly except for pro network, corners, handle, grille

KP250 substitute K42 woofer for more power handling, ported = louder but less LF than 201

KP301 - a derivation of the CP-1 (Cornwall Professional), which made for a deeper, narrower cabinet, one guy can carry it. It's actually a combination of Cornwall and Chorus parts. KP301II changes the 90 degree K600 horn for the 60 degree K604 (forte II), and K792 tracttrix tweeter. SPeaker is like 80 pounds but if you're healthy enough you can put it on a stick as it has pole mount.

As far as sound, the KP201 is my fave of the smaller models.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I currently have (or have owned) most of the ones you've asked about. I currently have a pair of the KP201 version 1 in my living room (along with a pair of SVS subs) and love them. My favorite version of the Heresy and I've had most over the years. Much preferred for indoor use over the KP250s, which to me are an outdoor speaker to be used with a subwoofer.

I also have a pair of the KP301 version 1 and love them as well in a "short throw" environment, as they do not have the Tractrix horns Mike refers to in the later version which gives them more dispersion. The KP301s (either version) are a fantastic pair of overall speakers for either home or small to medium size party or "industrial" use. Much more of a "full" sound due to cabinet volume and woofer size out of the KP301s than you'll ever see out of any version of the Heresy.

• Like 1

Funny you should ask, that was a model I never knew existed until I saw them listed on EBay. Certainly closer to KP301s than a Heresy. Beyond that, pretty sure they are a relatively rare bird, so might be interesting to own a pair simply for the sake of rarity.

• 3 years later...

099cb341b56077b388d9e5448cea8ab2.jpg does anyone have any info on these. I am currently refinishing the cabinets. They sound incredible. It's a Heresy H-SM I picked them up from a church. I'd like very much to sell them after I get them looking right. Please and thank you. Oh, what home model would they compare to?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wonder. Do you get corner load low end extension benefit if you slam these into a corner? Would that offset the difference in bass response due to volume size?

They don't compare to the LA Scala's . but enough to make your neighbors mad! Lolpost-63465-0-74360000-1466989498_thumb.j

post-63465-0-78720000-1466989539_thumb.j

• Like 1

I wonder. Do you get corner load low end extension benefit if you slam these into a corner? Would that offset the difference in bass response due to volume size?

They don't compare to the LA Scala's . but enough to make your neighbors mad! Lolattachicon.gifIMG_20160626_210128.jpg
Maybe if the stay behind the Christmas tree long enough . Santa may have them reveneered for me by Christmas! Edited by dirtmudd
  • Like 1

It's interesting seeing how many different ways the Heresy has existed. Here's a good one, actually: Does anyone know if the Chipotle Heresies are anything unique? I'd wonder if they're just bare Heresy internals on the other side of the wood panel or if it's a completely livingroom-ready Heresy III hiding back there.

And while we're here, in some 3-AM searching recently I found an old thread about some oddball two-way Heresies: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/139246-heresy-2-way-club-speakers/ They're not full-range, being set up for three-way but only lacking the treble horn.

My first and only pair of Heresies is a set of domesticated KP-201s, with oak cabinets and no handles or mounting points. I can't make a comparison to other versions, but they sound a delight.

Add to that list the KP262, a two way with heavy duty K42 woofer (same as KP250), and the tractrix mid horn of the forte II (as well as a few other pro Klipsch like KP320). It's a trapezoid cabinet, think of it as the little brother to KP362 (15" three way).  This one was 'voiced for voice' according to sources at Klipsch, and was used in houses of worship installations.  No tweeter so doesn't go terribly high in terms of fidelity, but very sweet in the vocal range, which is what you would want for a pastor's voice.  

I'll also add, because it's nearly the same components, and the HIP-SM has already been mentioned - the KSM12 which also uses the K42 woofer along with a shortened version of a tractrix horn (but in an unusual configuration for stage floor monitor, with the horn's major axis travelling horizontally instead of the usual vertical orientation for reducing the propensity to feed back into adjacent microphones).  Also a two way design, and further available in the II configuration. 

I've had all of these lined up at one time - Heresy, HIP-bg, KP201, KP250, KP262, KSM12.  Overall, liked the KP201 for overall smooth response out of them all. 

• Like 1

No they will be terribly bass shy due to nearly no internal volume. Loud as hell yeah but no bass whatsoever. I wouldn't even use them as a keyboard monitor back in the day. We had a pair of LB's that we used for side fills then! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's interesting seeing how many different ways the Heresy has existed. Here's a good one, actually: Does anyone know if the Chipotle Heresies are anything unique? I'd wonder if they're just bare Heresy internals on the other side of the wood panel or if it's a completely livingroom-ready Heresy III hiding back there.

I have wondered this as well. I think it is a cool idea but they should have mounted some real Heresies from the ceiling pointing down or at least make them closer to ear level if they are built in. I kind of cringe when I see them so high up at my local Chipotle and knowing that that crystal clear horn sound has to bounce off all the lights and pipes etc before filtering down to the seating area.

• 4 weeks later...

2500 was the WWR version ( company down the road in Hope, that built the pro gear for a few years), of the KP250, there is also a 2501 which I believe would have been their version of the KP250 II.  Note that all these are 'rat fur covered' (black carpet), due to being constructed of flake board (OSB type, not particle board), so they would not take to veneer or paint finishes. 

All these WWR cabinets are recognized by 4 digit numbers, somewhat similar to their 3 digit Klipsch counterparts. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 8:05 PM, dirtmudd said:

They don't compare to the LA Scala's . but enough to make your neighbors mad! LolIMG_20160626_210128.jpg

IMG_20160626_210128.jpg

OK...try this...just TRY it....turn the top one of these UPSIDE-DOWN...so that the woofers are at the top instead of at the bottom...and then listen for awhile...give it a try!  Let me know what you think!  It may be a better idea to NOT have them stuffed into the corner, too...bring them out about four to six inches...