1994 La Scala's in Central Florida

endover

Greg,

Those are nice and a good price.

If my car situation works out the way I am hoping, I may just take a drive[:D]. Nothing carved in stone yet but we are getting close to a decision.

In the mean time, I am still searching for you another buyer and will send them your way. If I find someone, do you want me to give them your phone number?

Bill

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how you see something for sale and your immedate reaction is "no" (or "no way my wife would let me spend money on that")...and then time starts tickin and tickin and all of the sudden your actually considering it. Too funny.... Bottom line is that they're sitting at my house and not going anywhere until someone's interested. So...I hope your car situation works out to your advantage (which may work out to my advantage). I would be willling to meet you somewhere half way but then you wouldn't get to audition them so we can talk when/if it comes to that. ...and yes...feel free to pass out my phone number to those who would be seriously interested. Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure where in central Florida (I haven't read all the posts) but father in law lives in Venice near Sarasota.... but with daughter heading off to college and being between jobs it isn't going to happen right now.... Maybe when I get a new job though I'm sure my wife would make me get rid of my Heresies or Tannoy SRM 12B, or both. A fellow forum member lives in central Florida who may be able to pick up and store until I could get them.... now to find $900 and get it by the MOF. lol

I'm suprised these are still available. 1994. Gee. Barely borken in.

I've had a some nibbles from a couple of "fairly" local guys on the forum but in both cases they had a story that fell into a similar category. "Would like them but it's not the right timing to be spending the money". Nice folks to deal with by the way ..and another by the way, I'm 30 minutes south of the Space Shuttle (about 3-ish hours from Venice).

Let's see now...$900 is about 5 credit hours of college depending on where you go? She could skip a semester and I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem with your wife....right?!?!?!?!

I've had a some nibbles from a couple of "fairly" local guys on the forum

Guilty of nibbling a few months ago.[:$]

but in both cases they had a story that fell into a similar category. "Would like them but it's not the right timing to be spending the money".

Yep, that sounds familiar.[:|] I would like to have them but the purchase of my new(to me) SVS13 Plus subwoofer drained a good portion of my "play" $$$. Find a buyer for my "minty" Quartets and let me liquidate something else and it very well might happen.

Nice folks to deal with by the way

Thanks, and by the way, you are pretty nice to.[:D]

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Oh come on now....you can't seriously think that Cincinnati to Florida is too far of a drive can ya?

At least in the winter I can tempt you with Disney World or the beach. There's not a whole lot I can tempt you with in the summer except....well....good speakers. Thanks anyway for the bump!

Call me crazy but I drove an 8-days-5100-miles round trip to pick up 4 pairs of Heresy and a pair La-Scala last Christmas in my SUV.

I would love them but Cincinnati to Florida is just to far to drive... Sad

• 1 month later...