Just ordered a Harman Kardon AVR 3600

Youthman

I believe the auto calibration performs the eq...I glanced thru the manual for the 3600, it is slightly different then my 354..... When I push the audio effects button (under source selections) , I have the option to turn on/off tone control..equalization, and adjust lfe trim....I turn both tone control and the eq off, as to my ears it takes away some clarity. I would check your audio effects and try turning everything off,

Also,,,with my 354 , when I am make any manual adjustment to the speaker settings they do not register unless I push the ok button after a change,AND use the back button to exit that set of commands.

I really prefer the front speakers set to Large rather than small, as it gives you more options with bass management, however you run two subs, I do not.

hope this helps,

Mark

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

HK is one of the brands I have alway liked.

Me too....I'm glad to finally have a chance to hear their newer models. Most of my HK's have been 10yrs old.

these avr's are plug in play for the most part but

I'm totally seeing that. Ran the auto calibration earlier today, spent just a few minutes listening....will post more thoughts soon but my first impression is [:D][:D][:D][Y][Y]

• Moderators

i know i'm not the first to mention this, but your pics looks like they could be pulled off of the HK website

Thank you Uts. I actually really enjoy photographing electronics and speakers. They are much easier to photograph than moving objects. Much easier to get super sharp photos as well.

• Moderators

The 3600 came out in 09, it was $1200 new, so really it's a great deal while they last. Really it's the smart way to buy, you get the most important features for much less, but there going fast it looks like.

• Moderators

Ebay. [:D] I have a really good feeling I will be keeping the unit and selling the UMC-1.....not definite but it's a good possibility. What little I've heard so far has been fantastic, especially for HT, especially in the area of center speaker clarity and tone and surround effects.

My wife is headed to Zumba so she will be gone for 1hr. I'm headed into the HT now. Will post my thoughts soon.

What little I've heard so far has been fantastic, especially for HT, especially in the area of center speaker clarity and tone and surround effects.

Funny you say that. After I finally ran the Audyssey MultEQ XT on my NAD pre/pro, center channel clarity improvement is what I noticed immediately. I always thought the RC-64 just did not match tonally perfect with my RF-63's until now. I will say with confidence that the front soundstage is now seamless.

Have fun with your new HK toy. Do I see another UMC-1 popping up in the Garage Sale section very soon?

Bill

• Moderators

I will say with confidence that the front soundstage is now seamless.

That's great to hear.

Do I see another UMC-1 popping up in the Garage Sale section very soon?

Nothing definite yet, but it's a possibility.

So far, the only thing I miss about the UMC-1 is the ability to adjust the subwoofer on the fly from the remote. VERY convenient, especially when the wife comes in and asks if I can turn the bass down cause the walls are shaking on the other end of the house. [:D] What's even nicer about that feature on the UMC-1 is it's not permanent. You can adjust all 7 channels on the fly and when you turn it off and back on, your settings go back to what is stored in the preset.

Hey Michael,

Glad you are enjoying the new toy. I was hoping/routing for the HK. Love their receivers. Im foreseeing a busy weekend in the theater room with lots of blu-ray audio quality testing?? LoL. Im surprised the Hk doesnt have a channel level button for all the separate speakers. Is that what the UMC-1 had that you will be missing? High hopes for a fun weekend for ya. Seems we both are in for a fun audio weekend

• Moderators

I would not put up with that [bs] Youthman, you deserve better, you should probably take a loss just to get away from that junk and unload that thing before it causes any serious problems. [:$]

• Moderators

you should probably take a loss just to get away from that junk and unload that thing before it causes any serious problems. Embarrassed

LOL There likely will not be a loss regardless which unit I decide to sell.

That's another thing I really enjoy on the Klipsch digital subs having full control of the sub by remote, even presets so you can have different saved settings for HT and music, etc.

The Klipsch subs are underrated in my opinion as I know Youth recently found out with his recent RSW-15.

So when do we get the full review of the new HK?