Crackling noise when insering ear phones

M17

I just got a pair of these http://www.klipsch.com/image-s4-black-in-ear-headphones

Every time I put them in my ears there's a crackling noise from the things. It feels like it is forming an air-tight seal with the ear and when I push it further in, it is causing something to get compressed inside the earphone.Is this a concern? Sometimes just adjusting the ear phones causes this noise. I am worried it might be the speaker diaphragm itself getting pushed.

I was using a pair of these http://www.klipsch.com/image-s2-in-ear-headphones for about 2 years and never had this problem, but those had a tiny pinhole on the earphones to let the air out.

Thanks for any help.

I had that happen one morning at the breakfast table, turned out I had mistakenly stuck two sugar pops into my ears. All kidding aside it is one of two things, It may be the diaphragm of the ear speaker under presure of insert deforming, or it might be your ear drum doing exactly the same thing, Maybe if you can find a similar size smooth object like the end of marker pen or what ever and insert that into your ear to the same depth as the ear bud and see if you hear the same sound then youk now that it is you not the phones. Either way if the phones sound clean and undistorted I would not be overmuch concerned which way itworks. If they sound good then no worries. Perhaps others with these phones will chime in. Best regards Moray James.

Hi.

Thanks for the replies, I bought them from amazon.com. The seller itself was amazon llc, not some other shop selling via amazon.com. the Image S2s had a small pinhole at the back of eaach earpiece to let air out even if the ear tips formed an airtight seal in the ear. I can't seem to find any such hole in the S4s. Anyway, it's not a big problem.