SOLD : Klipschorns in Dallas, TX - Price Reduced to $2,000

philipbarrett

As hinted in another thread, my beloved Klipschorns are now up for sale. They are light oak and in overall excellent acoustic and physical condition, I'm moving to a house where there are just no suitable corners in which to place them and will be ordering more Klipsch products after these are sold.

Truth in advertising: we had a small flood at Christmas and for about 20 minutes these stood in about 2" of water. Following this they were subjected to a thorough drying process by a remediation company (Serv-Pro). The only visible damage is a de-lamination of the very ends of the footer strips as I show in the photographs below. After the flood I fully tested the units with Spectra-Foo using both pink noise and sweeps and could detect no sonic problems, rubbing or damage. I just want the prospective buyer to be fully informed.

The only other problem is a small chip on the front, top right of one of the cabinets, this is also pictured below.

Price is $2,000.00 OBO. I will assist in shipping provided buyer makes all arrangements. PM or email me.

Posted Image\

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/philipbarrett/Klipschorn/file_zps74706459.jpg

Philip, I hope all is well. I hate it when I see folks parting with their Ks.

As for your flood, we had a similar adventure last year (new Samsung fridge blew the icemaker the first night), but the water didn't reach the Ks (I now know what the slant on my slab foundation is).

Posted Image

Philip, I hope all is well. I hate it when I see folks parting with their Ks.

As for your flood, we had a similar adventure last year (new Samsung fridge blew the icemaker the first night), but the water didn't reach the Ks (I now know what the slant on my slab foundation is).

img0590pc.jpg

Pmsummer . . . I read kthe captions for Klipschorns," speed read the word "flood" and then saw pt he pic . . . Almost gave me a heart attack, thinking your pic was of what was left of your k-horns after the flood . . . Just a melted pile of wood! That darn Evelyn Wood speed reading course got me again! Glad your big guns survived.

Phillip, beautiful set of Khorns you have for sale . . . Save a couple of minor issues you noted, they are beauties. Those are oak veneer with a clear finish, correct? Good luck with your sale.

Just noticed the side grills on those Ks are on the wrong sides. But there could be a reason to do that I guess. Anyone else notice? Rick

I missed that. Yep. the baseboard cutouts are on top. Hmmm. Wainscoating cutouts?

BTW: I know the seller, and even though I haven't heard these, I can guarantee you they sound absolutely PERFECT.

• 2 weeks later...