Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band

The Dude

I was listening to this album the other day on vinyl, and to me it seemed very bright. Is this do to the pressing, if so is there a better pressing. Or is there something else, I haven't listened to much of The Beatles other albums on vinyl maybe its the way they recorded I don't know but I don't really care for it. Any suggestions.

Thank

I herd mixed reviews on those, being that a bunch of them are bad cuts, or scratches or warped. Which could have been more a issue with the box set, I am not so sure about the singles out there. Maybe I will give 1 or 2 a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

I understand what you are saying. I recently purchased the Collection by the Beatles, the crazy priced MFSL set. From what most have said it is the b est. I have what I feel is a pretty good system, when I first started playing then, I'm not really knowing what to expect. I also have the blue and red boxed set, so I kind of used that for reference. I guess if you take into consideration the equipment used back in the early 60"s and the different people doing the mixing there will be inconsistents between the albums.

Take into consideration, this is my opinion only, I don't think they sounded that great, some had way too much bass and sounded fuzzy and some were too bright, and some sounded real good, the best I have heard.

I don't know it that helps or not, but that's what I heard, or course I'm a old man and don't hear very good anymore.

Best of luck.

Cigarbum

I bought the new boxed set and most sound really good. Pay no attention to what you are reading out there on this box set. A lot of whiners and complainers. In my set there were no warped or scratched records. They all are dead quiet! I had one album that had a skip in one of the somgs... other than that everything else played just fine, and sounds very good.

Mike

I understand what you are saying. I recently purchased the Collection by the Beatles, the crazy priced MFSL set. From what most have said it is the b est. I have what I feel is a pretty good system, when I first started playing then, I'm not really knowing what to expect. I also have the blue and red boxed set, so I kind of used that for reference. I guess if you take into consideration the equipment used back in the early 60"s and the different people doing the mixing there will be inconsistents between the albums. Take into consideration, this is my opinion only, I don't think they sounded that great, some had way too much bass and sounded fuzzy and some were too bright, and some sounded real good, the best I have heard. I don't know it that helps or not, but that's what I heard, or course I'm a old man and don't hear very good anymore. Best of luck. Cigarbum

To clearify about The Collection, was that a set put together by "audiophiles", as I thought the Blue Box set was called The Beatles collection, as well. Anywho why is there some of the Blue box sets going for hi dollar while others are less.

The box set I purchased is the MFSL collection of 14 albums, included is the certification, they only made 25,000 sets, made in 1982 I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I love the set and I am not wining or complaining, sometimes we have to purchase things that we really don't know what to expect.

Cigarbum

That is odd. I listen to it on cd and not 1 of my radios was made to properly reproduce any album as far as i know. On the other hand your system is built to a T for every beatles album. good luck clearing it up. interesting thread

I have owned many, many pressings of Sgt P and all seem to be on the bright side. I had the regular MFSL, the UHQR MFSL (which I sold for close to $400), a couple originals and some special editions. Maybe the CD is the way to go with this one although I haven't heard the new release. BTW - My kids bought me the new version of Rubber Soul for Christmas and I had no issues with scratches, noise or warping. I still prefer the MFSL but it's pretty close, especially considering the difference in price!

Yes it is the pressing what you want is a Blue Box BC13 or a copy from the UK much better sounding pressings!!!

Is the blue box bc13 from uk or us, and are you saying that most of the single uk pressings are better.

There are two Blue Box's one from each country UK and US, and yes I find that the single pressings from the UK are better sounding. However there are a few exceptions...