Inviting the unknown stranger

Taz

Just wanted to point out that this is one of the few places that I have found where when people will invite an unknown stranger into there house to listen to an amp, speakers, or what not.

I know it is not the right place on the forum to post this.

One member came by and shortly after got into tube amps

I'll continue to lurk, spent all my money for toys for a while..................Taz

this is an interesting observation.

i've met some of the best people i know on this forum.

used to love getting a reaction from my daughters when i told them i'd invited someone i'd met on the internet. or that i was going to meet someone i'd met on the internet.

edit: another unusual sort of hospitality: audition a local piece of gear, pay cash for it with someone else's money, then pack and ship it to a forum member on the other side of the country all because the seller had local pick up only.. no shipping.

Its also interesting to note that your current avatar (at the time of this post) is machine gun.

JB,

I've enjoyed your jokes and puns for a long time, but I find this instance to be in bad taste. His avatar wouldn't give me pause to let him into my home, but any anti gun sentiment would give me great pause in inviting someone over.

Roger

I've been to 3 forum member's homes to sell or help them set up their equipment. I've had one forum member over to my house when he bought one of my old SVS CS-Ultra subs (Champagne taste beer budget).

Heard CF-3s for the first time at kapsnb01's house, heard Cornwalls for the first time at juniper8's house and delivered a pair of KSP-400s to a member up north who I can't remember at the moment. Always had a good time. Even ended up with some at times!

I have met & been to 2 members houses. I enjoyed meeting them & doing some horse trading. I have also corresponded with several forum members via pms or email whose help I requested or they needed my help. I would not hesitate to invite a forum member over to my house. As usual I got a laugh from Jackson Bart's insightful comment. I don't believe there was any political or social intent with his observation of Mr. Henderson's avatar.

Its also interesting to note that your current avatar (at the time of this post) is machine gun.

With an enhanced viewing of this avatar. One can see that all is okay at this time.... lol.

machinegun3.jpg?t=1362089449

End of barrel glowing red...just fired off a few rounds, I guess...

My fiance has at first been very "protective" if I say I am buying something from "the internet". Most of the time, if I am meeting someone from craigslist, she does get very nervous. But now if I say they are from "The Forums", so does not think anything of it at all. I have met a few members. Have enjoyed the systems of two (hopefully more shortly), and find it an interesting place. I have pointed this observation out to others that still "get nervous" about it. This is a great forum.

My fiance has at first been very "protective" if I say I am buying something from "the internet". Most of the time, if I am meeting someone from craigslist, she does get very nervous. But now if I say they are from "The Forums", so does not think anything of it at all. I have met a few members. Have enjoyed the systems of two (hopefully more shortly), and find it an interesting place. I have pointed this observation out to others that still "get nervous" about it. This is a great forum.

My wife is much the same way. If I mention that I'm meeting a forum member, she doesn't bat an eye, but those CL people...that's a whole different story. I've met 3 forum members so far and pm'd with many others. It's been a pleasure each and every time.

I have met several members and some of them were on craigslist locally. Only 1 member i met at my house i have not seen his huge klipsch several generation collection unfortunately..although will if im up to it one day. I have drove hours buying tube and reel to reel equipment and ended up having dinner discussing some very nice vintage equipment to rare proptotype and demo for sales equipment. One of the most interesting 7 hour round cl trip deal i made happened to be a 20yr old young fellow who was running 2 mcintosh monoblocks each running an 8 sided ohm 5ft monitor with more speakers buit into them cabs than iv ever seen in perfect working order. In perfect fashion he played 3 tracks off his record player of hank williams junior at low volume.

I'm armed while doing local cl deals at wmart and also take my young lady companion who likes to ride along too. I have listened to 100's of sytems and bought what i thought i wanted to try and then sold what didnt work. Without direct contact with others nobody can hear everything. I have met celebritys through the years in my running around but now pushing 40 my legs cant take what they used to. I have literally heard a new system(freind or internet meeting) per day at times. even lately a few a week to be social.This past year i have bought every pair of klipsch i could find for sale from indy to michigan and then sold and trade what i didnt have room for(after a robbery and divorce a year ago my systems have came and gone and rebuilt and actually been a learning experience music wise).

Got to make rounds or we cant learn whats what. only thing i worry about is bait and switch deals pics show mint you pick up their destroyed so walk away. and then theives. so pictures, insurance, adt and a weapon. 400 watt crown tube amps are out there and so many pairs of klipsch heritage around.. get to know them and get a sense of the seller or buyer...use google. Iv sold 200 items on cl and bought about the same in the past year and only had 1 prob. had a reel to reel deck that all the tubes lit and belt was fine and had 2 hou repair so i lost $70 total off that. the rest were scores. I have walked away a few times as well. but were mostly on freindly terms as well