Speaker stands for 81s and 61s

e84cooper27455

Welcome to the Klipsch community. I have used various stands in the past and never was really happy with them. DYI may be an option since those 81's are so large.

Hello and welcome.

I had a very hard time finding a good solid pair of speaker stands, I've ended up making my own and I'm very happy I did.

You can check skylan speaker stands they look very sturdy but there pricing may be a bit much.http://www.skylanstands.com/stands.htm

I too am looking into speaker stands but for my RS-62ii's. I had them on the wall but I just don't trust the walls in military housing. Looking at most of the links that have been suggested on here it seems like no companies really take into consideration for just how big these speakers are. None of them in my own opinion really look sturdy to me. But then again I guess there's only one way to know for sure. I do have a question for Vital though. I like the style of those particular speaker stands but to me those one's look especially delicate once a 35 pound speaker is sitting atop of it. Would you personally recommend those stands for my RS-62ii's or do you think I should go a different route. They'd be on a tile floor between the rear wall of my living room and my couch. Thanks!

I do have a question for Vital though. I like the style of those particular speaker stands but to me those one's look especially delicate once a 35 pound speaker is sitting atop of it. Would you personally recommend those stands for my RS-62ii's or do you think I should go a different route. They'd be on a tile floor between the rear wall of my living room and my couch. Thanks!

I don't see why not, they are solid if that's what you're worried about. They claim they can support up to 100lbs, the speakers you're asking about are less than 23lbs. The base is pretty wide on the RS-62 but as long as you center it I don't see a problem. You could always fab a base plate that mounts to the base and is wide enough for the RS-62 if you'd like. I think it would be fine like it is though probably. Measure your couch, you may want to 36" stands if it's too high.

Here is a pair that I think look pretty mean. They weigh a lot but being that I'd never move them around once they're in place I don't think that's a big deal. What do you think? Only thing is they won't be available for another month or so.

http://www.argosyconsole.com/html_internal/argosyspeakerstands_istands.html

Those are awesome looking, they are in a totally different price point than the Bello's I'm using but if cash is available these are clearly nicer and better built! I like them a lot actually. It just comes down to what you'd like to spend. The 36" Bello's can be had for about $130 http://www.amazon.com/BellO-SP200-36-Inch-Speaker-Stands/dp/B004BJ2EDW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1362495206&sr=8-3&keywords=bello+stand while the Spire goes for $379.

What do you think? Only thing is they won't be available for another month or so.

http://www.argosyconsole.com/html_internal/argosyspeakerstands_istands.html

I think those are the sickest looking stands I have ever seen. Big Smile High price, but totally unique in their style.

I can't agree with you more! Ever since I found these last night I keep going back to them. They're spendy though that's for sure. But I'm thinking, I've put so much money into my whole system as it is, this 400 bucks is mere chump change in comparison. So why start skimping now? haha. Well we'll see. I think the wife is still a little over whelmed with what I've transferred her living room into. Maybe I'll hold off on getting these for a couple weeks. Just long enough for her to think I'm officially out of this phase in my life. haha.