Unknown Speakers, Any Idea's

Taz

Lady I work with said she was in Goodwill store and they had 3 Klipsch speakers. She described them as kinda skinny and tall, larger speaker cones on the bottom, they had the cover off one. They were $15 apiece. She asked if anybody knew anything about about them and what they were worth. The help pointed out a man who had just walked in and said he buys stereos in here from time to time. So she asked him and he told her that "NO You would not like these ones." Then took her over to some little Sony speakers. She said while she was looking at the Sony's she noticed he was packing the Klipsch out the door. She asked If she missed a deal.

What could I tell her, 3 Klipsch speakers for $45. even without knowing what they were I figured she missed out. I am a wondering what they might have been. She stated that were tall, around 3', skinny and had 4 speakers in them. I asked if any of the speakers were horns? And she asked, What's a Horn?

....Any idea's on what she missed out on?.........................Taz

What a POS, He's most likely flipped them by now. Check your local craigslist and see if there's a new ad for 3 Klipsch speakers for sale.

.......REALLY! let's hope karma is alive and well at goodwill.

What a jerk.

jerol

Well she was not able to identify from pictures. But she had stated that between her and her daughter they had loaded 2 of them into shopping cart before he told her they would not work for her. Then he used the same shopping cart to wheel them out. The way she described it it sounds like it was part of a surrond sound system and more speakers were involved. I must agree that he has to be a real POS. Now I know if such a situation happend to me, I could see myself saying that "If you don't buy them, I will". Come to think of it I have said that before........Taz

I wish I was there when someone pulled a bullshit deal lke that. After I got the speakers back for the lady, I think a "curbie" might teach him a little respect, And if it didnt , at least it would cost him a few dollars for some dental work. I have no time for people who take unfair advantage of others.Course if I lost....... lol

Goodwill like all donation places often screws up, but they are learning, and selling Klipsch speakers for $15 each was clearly a mistake by Goodwill. Maybe they were surround speakers, but I can't think of any Klipsch that work being sold that cheap wisely.

You can't blame the person that bought them....it was all above board. I picked up a pair of JBL L120 at alocal thrift store for $15 for the pair.....cabinets gouged grills pulled and of course the surrounds rotted away. I have no idea how long they were for sale but am loving these $1200 speakers now. Total to refurb was $75. Let's hope this was an audio fan and wanted them for thier setup and not a flip kind of person.

You can't blame the person that bought them....it was all above board.

What?????

A lady is looking at speakers and asks for info on them. Someone offers her self serving info on them with the sole purpose of talking her out of purchasing them so that he can. You call that above board? She already had two of them in her cart! I call it taking advantage of someone for personal gain.

By me I have 2 Good Wiil stores.1has almost no electronics at all but they do have records for a buck a piece .That's the Aberdeen N.J. store. The other store

in East Brunswick does have a much better selection of all kinds of stuff and now they seem to be pricing along the lines of what E-Bayers want for their stuff.

I did get a Kenwood kv615 reciever for $15 just for my bdrm for my JBL bookies and recently lucked out w/ a Denon DPL11 direct drive tt w/ a Grado cart for $19.

So it might be the town , the dude in charge doing the pricing and if you see and item that's marked down I would go for it.

Good chance they could have been these:

t450_127c4662e1e4ae89ad2ed2b71ee2866d.jpRVX-54s

Looked these up as a set, and Brenda said she thought these were the ones. Also pointed out the sub that went with it and said that was there too. She said they had a rope on the floor around the set, so she believes it was as matched set. ................Taz