If A Company Stops Providing a Service�..

BEC

i live on acreage without cable or fiber (but i i do have telephone copper terminated at the house). Primary internet is RF based, and my backup is 4G/LTE tethering to my phone. I understand the need, just not the chosen solution.

He's probably had that as a back up for quite some time, before there were as many alternate choices.

i live on acreage without cable or fiber (but i i do have telephone copper terminated at the house). Primary internet is RF based, and my backup is 4G/LTE tethering to my phone. I understand the need, just not the chosen solution.

He's probably had that as a back up for quite some time, before there were as many alternate choices.

understood. and i recognize that i'm being a bit of a generational snob ...just struck me as odd.

Next you'll be raggin on bag phones.......................

sigh. *facepalm*

True story. I kept mine till my service went all digital and it wouldn't work anymore! I loved that thing. Most hand helds at the time were about .6 watts. The bagger was 3 watts, I always had service when no one else did.

As a matter of fact, where I live dial-up is still the only thing for lots of folks. Just happened that a few years ago, they managed to stretch DSL at only 1 Mbit to where I am. The next house down the road is too far away to get DSL and there are lots more of them on down the road with nothing but dialup. I guess there is the Direct TV internet service. I tried that many years ago and found it to be barely usable then. Could be better now. Back when I was using that, you had to have a dial-up connection to do the upload part.

No cable available anywhere close to me.

I can tether my iPhone now for a back-up, but that just barely works here because of the low cell phone signal. So, I will probably sign up for another dial-up service as a dependable back-up.

heres a thought bob, call the phone company and tell them your daughter is thinking about changing her phone number and ask about the service which states the number was changed / disconnected, i know i have spoke with a phone company in th past and the service was only active for X days then the phone number re-assigned maybe they will narrow it down for you without knowing they did joe