Belle's in NoCal

Bonzo

Thanks, I would certainly help get these to a forum member. Hard to tell from the photos but they look nice. You just don't see Belles come up for sale around here. I wish I had the funds but, sadly, no. I'm sure my Fisher 500C would make them sing.

I just couldn't resist, I had to check them out. 1980 walnut oil Belles with the brown grills, solid 9/10 condition, stunning. Seller is the brother-in-law of the original owner who, sadly, had to go into a care home. He is selling them for his sister to help pay bills. So, I "borrowed" money from the vacation fund and am now the proud owner of these beautiful speakers. Now I need to part with my Altecs or I will be sleeping with them.

post-18652-13819830752412_thumb.jpg

Very close but I give the nod to the Belle's. More accurate and less boomy bass and more articulate highs. The high end on the Altecs rolls off rather quickly. I think it's pretty much a toss up on the mid-range. As far as looks, no contest, the Belle's are beautiful! I am very, very happy with them.

Very close but I give the nod to the Belle's. More accurate and less boomy bass and more articulate highs. The high end on the Altecs rolls off rather quickly. I think it's pretty much a toss up on the mid-range. As far as looks, no contest, the Belle's are beautiful! I am very, very happy with them.

less than a week of ownership and now they are on AGon.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-klipsch-belle-klipsch-fantastic-condition-2013-03-13-speakers-96002