For Sale Puff the Magic Dragon

thebes

No not the Vietnam era gunship, but the real deal.

Look I’m going to be upfront with you about this sale. Atfirst having a dragon around may be cool but after awhile, it’s a pita. I’ve had Puff for several years now. Got him at the end of the folk music revival. Reason I took him in the first place wasbecause that little creep Jackie Paper threw him over when he hit puberty and discovered his next door neighbor, Little Suzy Future ****, would put out like
no tomorrow.

He claims he’s a sea dragon from Honah Lee, but I’m suspicious since there ain’tno such place, and the lazy slug can’t swim a lick.

Another drawback. Dragons eat like crazy. I live in the suburbs and over the years several neighbors has disappeared, as well as cats, those little ankle bitterdogs (no loss), shrub eating deer and who knows what else have all been thinned
out.

Lately though, he’s been taking to eating the garbage put out twice a week forcollection. Talk about your dragon breath.

“Jeez Thebes”, you say, “you’re not going to make a sale you keeping putting down Puff like that.” Not so says I. For the rightbuyer he’ll be a godsend. In a rural setting he’ll keep all the critters out of your fields, and if it doesn’t work out, you can render him down into dragon glue, which sticks to anything.

No reasonable offer refused. Will trade for high quality earbuds.

Here's the only pic he will allow me to post. Quite frankly he's put on a lot of weight since this one was snapped.

puffhemagicdragon.jpg

• Haha 1

Does Lenny Lipton know about this?

The first guy I contacted when I decided to sell. The crumb bum turned me down flat and than had the gall to try and sell me a stereoscope.

Looks like the family jewels thread was "snipped".

Klipschsectomy Cut

Sadly yes, at the urging of someone who claims an ironic nature, a humorless functionary of Klipsch Corp deleted the the thread, thus ruining several promising leads and, therefore, no sale. A disappointment for sure since I had so been looking to singing soprano in our local choral club.

Here's the original wording: For Sale, the Family Jewels

In almost perfect shape except for a slight scar on the right one acquired
during a youthful misadventure at he height of the 1960's.

Normal wrinkles, equal weight on both sides. Light beige in appearance
offset by the complementary, and included for free, downy soft curly
locks they sprouted at age 13. Fully functional with years of faithful
service before them.

Optional purchase, the Family Spear. Deceptive little bugger.
At times it may be larger than it appears. Sorta like those rear
view mirrors. Been know to evidence this behavior for no apparent
reason. Great deal, though. After all, why carry a sword when you can
throw a spear.

Local pickup only.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
17 hours ago, thebes said:

I finally moved out that sluggard dragon, but The Family Jewels are still up for grab and for the right price I'll throw in Fritz The Cat.

Doesn't matter how far you send him away he'll be back on your front porch again someday...

And soon after "Hot Fingers" Caroni will show up looking to collect on Puff's debt!