What the **** does "Wide Dispersion Technology" even mean?

border411

So I have been trying to read up on what this is all about. I cant find one clear answer (at least none that I can understand). What is it and what does it do? Also...I was told by some guys at my local Klipsch Dealer (very knowledgable guys BTW) who stated that RS42's would be ok in my upper rear corners (pulled forward a little bit towards the front of the room), even though one "corner" is open in the rear to the kitchen. What do you all think I should use in the rears? The couch MUST stay where it is. Wall behind the couch for the bottom left corner is 6' long, then opens to the kitchen for the other 9'. Also, would Reference II speakers work ok with a Yamaha 765 receiver, or would it be too bright? Here is a picture of the layout:152364

Have you thought of putting the TV in the corner where the right bookshelf is? It would make it a lot easier to place your speakers symmetrically, and that's important, both for surround imaging and for stereo imaging.

If your speakers are not positioned symmetrically, it's hard to get the clear "soundstage" effect, with all the instruments and sounds solidly located in space.

I just live with it OP, my room is very similar except my 15' monitor side is more like 40' and my 15' distance to monitor side is like 25.

I have a fairly good dimensional sound stage , but i have been thinking about installing damping material suspended from the ceiling.

Bookshelfs were custom made to fit on either side of the fireplace (sorry...should have put all this in my original post) and the TV is mounted over the fireplace. Do you all think the RS42's would be ok in the upper rear corners, maybe pulled out a foot- 1.5'?

• Moderators

I think wide dispersion technology is referring to multiple horns of the same frequency pointing in different directions and slightly out of phase from a single speaker. I could be wrong.

I think your right. [Y]

"Exclusive Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) enables surrounds to reproduce localized and ambient sounds with unlimited placement flexibility."

post-11804-13819830926302_thumb.jpg

I think wide dispersion technology is referring to multiple horns of the same frequency pointing in different directions and slightly out of phase from a single speaker. I could be wrong.

I think your right. Yes

"Exclusive Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) enables surrounds to reproduce localized and ambient sounds with unlimited placement flexibility."

like bose direct / reflecting