Marantz

vandec54

G'day vandec54,

I've had a few Marantz receivers now, and have got nothing but great things to say about them. I originally had the SR5004 paired with a Synergy F3 5.1 system and it sounded great. Very solid units, and conservatively rated on power especially when compared to most other a/v receivers. I believe they sound great when paired with Klipsch speakers, and have a very musical sound for 2ch listening as well as being incredibly dynamic for HT.

I liked my old SR5004 so much that when it came time to upgrade when I bought my Reference speakers, I jumped on a new Marantz SR7005 and am very happy. Smiles all round everytime I turn it up.

Highly recommended:)

I have 4 marantz receivers in the house. (2) of them are the 1402s in the bedrooms and then there's a 1602 in the living room and finally the 7007 in the theater room. Before the 7007 I had a 6006 and a 7005. I can tell you all of them sound great, the only reason for the jump between the 7005 to 6006 to 7007 was the way I wanted to control my subs and screen. 7005 would not do simultaneous dual monitor out, the 6006 would but I didn't like the way it made my subs sound, the 7007 does everything I need. Setup on it is relatively easy, wife can run zones 2 and 3 off it without any hassle. And it's even capable of hdmi pass through on the monitor out so you can leave the system off and watch tv with audio from the tv speakers. Only complaint with the 7007 is its not capable of playing all the 11.2 channels at once, but the 8801 will. Very pleased with the sound and functionality of their stuff, the portal design looks great with my Panamax, ill be making the jump to a 8801 in the near future.

Marantz mates well with Klipsch. I've used two Marantz receivers for HT & sometimes for 2ch through just the Khorns. Most of us recommend what we use, or we'd use something else, but I have used less satisfactory brands of "flagship" caliber.

SSH

I run an 8500 now as a pre but it did just fine as an avr. Crutchfield is great for service but always seem to be at msrp at everything that I have shopped for. You may want to take a peak at accessories4less.com. Most of their site is refurbushed with warranty. I've had very good fortune there purchasing as much as 50%+ off of retail. Anyways a yes for Marantz.

However, I would like to buy new. Anyone know of a reputable place, site, store where they have good prices on a Marantz SR5007?

If new includes refurbished with warranty, here you go. Tough to beat these guys.

http://www.accessor4leshttiesps.com//make-a-store/item/MARSR5007/MARANTZ-SR5007-100w-x7-NetworkingTheater-Receiver-w/AirPlay-3D-4K/1.html?c=t5

I am sure the differences are minor but here is a good price on the next model up.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/ite/MAm/MARSR6007RANTZ-SR6007-4K-3D-110w-x7-Networking-Home-Theater-Receiver/1.html#!specifications

Bill

• 4 months later...

This is a few months old but Crutchfield is now selling these new with a 3yr warranty for $250.00 off MSRP. Giving serious thought to it and plan on using it as a processor and just use my external amps. Only other pre-pros near this price are the Outlaw and Emotiva, seems to me you get way more features than either of those...anybody have an opinion?

first off i love my marantz receivers. after many years of owning onkyos, i tried a marantz 5002, and found it far superior in "clean" volume. it simply blew my onkyos away!

secondly, i have dealt with accessories4less a few times with no problems, until i needed service done on my 5002. i sent them my unit, and was promised many times i would get a call back once the problem was found, etc. not once did they ever initiate a call, and the last time i spoke to mike (i believe the owner) i was told to "F--- OFF!!!"

long story short, i contacted marantz, and they provided another service center to have the work done. their prices can't be beat, but their customer service is lacking, to say the least. while i'm not the easiest person to deal with, they thought that i was bugging them by trying to get updates on my repair work. i believe i called them 3 times before mickey lost it.

marantz was very professional, and i will continue to buy marantz products, but, obviously, not from A4less.