Sound Stage Set!! Time for a Television Upgrade.....????

troy2003

Does anybody know how to get surround audio out of my netflix app that I initiate through my tv?.

Using the apps on your tv, the tv becomes the audio source. You'll need to route that signal from the tv back to the avr. I now have all my apps thru other devices but I previously had to use a toslink cable from the tv to my processor. You'll need to select whatever input you use on the avr when using the tv apps to hear the audio.

Edit: My tv is not ARC enabled. If your tv and avr are, you may be able to get audio via your current HDMI connection so check those settings if applicable.

I had a question about the picture on my new set. The picture quality is superb as you can see from the attached photos; however, In the attached photo with the "TNT" logo you can see how pixelated the logo is. Can this be remedied or is this just a common issue, also does anybody see any issues with my picture settings? any adjustment suggestions by looking at color, contrast ect....???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had a question about the picture on my new set. The picture quality is superb as you can see from the attached photos; however, In the attached photo with the "TNT" logo you can see how pixelated the logo is. Can this be remedied or is this just a common issue, also does anybody see any issues with my picture settings? any adjustment suggestions by looking at color, contrast ect....???

tn_zps199effe1.jpg

tn1_zps579a9fa2.jpg

tn3_zps68cded5c.jpg

I don't want to say that it is common. Here's a pic of the TNT logo from my new TV:

post-57579-13819832539602_thumb.jpg

but my television is not running an hdmi output to my avr to be an audio source when i am running apps from the smart hub. When I am running the smart hub my satellite box is no longer my audio source, correct? now my audio source should be the television itself in turn requiring an hdmi hookup from the television out to avr hdmi in.

You are correct, if your tv has an out then you will need to run the audio out to the AVR. Your tv is using wifi to use those apps, the cable box has nothing to do with it if you have it setup like I do.

Keep in mind, ARC opens another can of worms. Did you try AAFES to see what was available?

I dont follow you on the ARC comment, also check AAFES for video calibration?

I think ARC got lost in the translation. It stands for Audio Return Channel AND Automatic Room Correction. Last time I knew, AAFES was the Exchange for the military.

Yes. ARC (Audio Return Channel) was what I was referring to when i made the suggestion.

Yes, I followed you with the Audio Return Channel, so there was no confusion on my part as far as what it was. My confusion was with the ARC "opening a can of worms" comment. Either way moving on, is there anywhere I can go to purchase a Spears and Munsil, DVE or Disney WOW blu ray disc? as opposed to ordering online and getting it shipped to me.

Keep in mind, ARC opens another can of worms. Did you try AAFES to see what was available?

I dont follow you on the ARC comment, also check AAFES for video calibration?

I think ARC got lost in the translation. It stands for Audio Return Channel AND Automatic Room Correction. Last time I knew, AAFES was the Exchange for the military.

LOL, this thread is confusing alot of people. I know AAFES is the base "mall" im active duty I was asking if he was referring me there to buy a good blu ray calibration. [*-)] , LOL

1. Enabling Auto Return Sometimes has some issues HDMI handshake et C.

2. Did you check tv prices at the bx?

I did, my intention was to buy at the bx, but they did not have the led i was looking for and for the price i got the 60es7500 they wouldnt have been able to touch it. Fry's is the bomb, oh and I could have set a tent up in the Duluth store and lived there, WOW!!!!, the Klipsch room was yummy.