Cornwall - Do you think they worth that price?

pochago

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. In the US, I have seen lower but Canada is likely a different story due to limited availability and if you were to order from the US, you would have duties as well as shipping cost so that might be a fair price.

I have seen Corrnwalls as low as $700 - $800 here but not sure what the average price is. Hope that helps.

do you think they are worth that price? I guess not you don't own them. These kinds of sensless questions are a waste of your time and a diversion from you learning how to make a decission on your own. Ask about the product learn about the product but all you really have to do is listen to the product . If you can pick up and you love them there is nothig much wrong with the price thy look to be in very nice condition. Decide. Best regards Moray James.

Welcome to the forum new guy.

Maybe you should post a poll about questions that you may have to learn in advance if your questions are worthy of being asked here before you post the actual sensless question.

Keith

Maybe you should post a poll about questions that you may have to learn in advance if your questions are worthy of being asked here before you post the actual sensless question.

Keith

Oooooh, now you're the one hammering a new member. Did your fine Arab charger have other commitments today that left you unable to ride in to pochago's rescue?

Pick a hat... just one.

Keith

Oooooh, now you're the one hammering a new member. Did your fine Arab charger have other commitments today that left you unable to ride in to pochago's rescue?

Pick a hat... just one.

It's called sarcasm. Oh, and I don't wear hats.

K.

Well, back on point. Welcome to the forum, normally the reception is politer.

Do your research, eBay (sold) prices are around that, then you have to ship them and you haven't heard them in person first. I don't know what the local prices are around there. In the Chicago area, for a nice pair they are normally $800-$1200 range.

For your area, it might be a fair price. You asked if it is worth the asking price, the speakers are worth whatever price a person is willing to pay. It depends on the motivation of the buyer and the seller. If you are willing to wait, you will eventually going to find a cheaper pair. If you want Cornwalls now and you like the black finish, then go check them out. If you like them, take them home and start enjoying them.

Good luck.

Keith

Pick a hat... just one.

It's called sarcasm. Oh, and I don't wear hats.

K.

Sarcasm in black & white... gotcha. Are you sure you don't wear hats?

asshat.jpg

Again, back to the point:

When I first brought home my nearly 30-year old CW I's I almost immedeatly put in new networks (from Crites in this case) because the originals were so far out of spec. That made me, what I would say, 80% to 90% satisfied with them. I paid about $1k for them in Walnut Oiled and minty cane grills. Overall I would rank the finish 9.7 out of 10.

Then I got the Cornscala bug and finally pulled the trigger. Now I'm 120% satisfied but it wound up costing ~$1,400 for all of the additional parts not including any tools I had to buy to get the job done (now I've got the hankerin' for a table saw with a router table leaf insert)

Geez. Always nice seeing a new member getting choached by a few ugly's.

IMO I wouldnt pay over $750 for those listed even if they checked out in all apsects. A painted speak alone brings the value down. Unknown cap and X-over mods could be red flags as well.

Cornwall 1's $600-$1000 tops

Cornwall 2's $1000-$1200 tops

And remember, asking is just that - asking. Go see them, hear them, and make an offer. I've never met a seller that was willing to turn away a reasonable cash offer. Especially as was noted in another post the item is a high ticket purchase in an area where there aren't a lot of potential buyers.

If you get him down another $100, even better!

Quote " Geez. Always nice seeing a new member getting choached by a few ugly's"

What is ugly about telling the guy the truth? Does not matter what anybody here thinks about the price or the product it only matters what the OP thinks. Did he say if he had gone to go look and listen? Did he ask about going prices these days? Did he say if this was a pick up or a shipping situation? Did he consider any of these important aspects of the transaction? What about cartons if this is a shipping situation? Try to understand that the factory packages are not shipping cartons and yes I fully understasnd people ship with them all the time so what they are still not shipping cartons. The point that I am attempting to make is that all of these very important and critical questions are all missing form the OP's post which suggest to me a tire kicking situation where the OP pretends to want to have some one tell him if these speakers are worth some amount or not and in reality he is the only guy who can answer that question, he sets the value. He provides no useful information and he asks a pointless question. I think I was polite enough considering.

Do you really think that your response was the problem solver of the day? Do I really care if someone cannot decide to decide? I will answer that no. So what? For what it is worth a cleaned up set of Cornwalls in Canada with new xovers and the old parts thrown in with fresh paint at $1100.00 that is fairly neutral as far as price goes. Shipping in Canada is brutal Cornwalls will cost you an easy $600.00 here to ship just about anywhere. You see the thing that you totally miss in you apparent effort to seem so helpfull is that none of this matters till the Op steps up with some information and shows some sort of reasonable intent which he has not. So what does it matter I don't want to pretend to be overly polite when it is clear to me thwe guy does not seem to care all that much himself so why should I care much more than I have?

When there are members here on the forum who are making an effore and the ask for help I will bend over backwards to help if I think I can and I believe that they are making an equal effort. I am happy to do that and I enjoy being able to help but I hate BS. Whether the op is just wasting time I can't be sure so I gave the benefit of the doubt I don't see much else going on here as far as the OP being interested and just name calling from others with little to offer. Got a pipe you can stuff that in? You can have a smoke on me. Best regards Moray James.

Geez. Always nice seeing a new member getting choached by a few ugly's.

IMO I wouldnt pay over $750 for those listed even if they checked out in all apsects. A painted speak alone brings the value down. Unknown cap and X-over mods could be red flags as well.

Cornwall 1's $600-$1000 tops

Cornwall 2's $1000-$1200 tops

The seller says they were made from 1982-1985. I believe they are CW 1.5's. I'm not a CW expert, but, I do like the finish and think that is a fair price for speakers in Canada. At least it isn't a Smurf CW! [;)]

You need to calm down a bit alright, grasshopper?

Long post, but what is your point?

Quote " Geez. Always nice seeing a new member getting choached by a few ugly's"

What is ugly about telling the guy the truth? Does not matter what anybody here thinks about the price or the product it only matters what the OP thinks. Did he say if he had gone to go look and listen? Did he ask about going prices these days? Did he say if this was a pick up or a shipping situation? Did he consider any of these important aspects of the transaction? What about cartons if this is a shipping situation? Try to understand that the factory packages are not shipping cartons and yes I fully understasnd people ship with them all the time so what they are still not shipping cartons. The point that I am attempting to make is that all of these very important and critical questions are all missing form the OP's post which suggest to me a tire kicking situation where the OP pretends to want to have some one tell him if these speakers are worth some amount or not and in reality he is the only guy who can answer that question, he sets the value. He provides no useful information and he asks a pointless question. I think I was polite enough considering.

Do you really think that your response was the problem solver of the day? Do I really care if someone cannot decide to decide? I will answer that no. So what? For what it is worth a cleaned up set of Cornwalls in Canada with new xovers and the old parts thrown in with fresh paint at $1100.00 that is fairly neutral as far as price goes. Shipping in Canada is brutal Cornwalls will cost you an easy $600.00 here to ship just about anywhere. You see the thing that you totally miss in you apparent effort to seem so helpfull is that none of this matters till the Op steps up with some information and shows some sort of reasonable intent which he has not. So what does it matter I don't want to pretend to be overly polite when it is clear to me thwe guy does not seem to care all that much himself so why should I care much more than I have?

When there are members here on the forum who are making an effore and the ask for help I will bend over backwards to help if I think I can and I believe that they are making an equal effort. I am happy to do that and I enjoy being able to help but I hate BS. Whether the op is just wasting time I can't be sure so I gave the benefit of the doubt I don't see much else going on here as far as the OP being interested and just name calling from others with little to offer. Got a pipe you can stuff that in? You can have a smoke on me. Best regards Moray James.

Perhaps if I had attached some crude graphics with my post rather than my explanation you would have found that more appealing? Maybe you should go meditate for a while Zen out and when you are done you can go find the OP and buy him a beer and chat with him about his carreer as a time wasting polster. The guy comes across as a troll. If he had an ignore button on his post I would be all over it. Best regards Moray James.

dang, the guy got showered with negativity on his first post, all he wanted was an idea of their worth. MJ complaines about him wasting his time but takes time to fire back a half page rant, I dont get it, of coarse i"m kinda new myself. OP, I personally think its not a bad deal, go check em out, if you dig em offer him 100 bucks less like another poster said, bring a truck, their big. Regards....Roost

Welcome Pochago, lots of great info and people on this board.... I must say I do find your poll as a first post a little disconcerting, can be an easy way to data mine info. As far as the price if they are cornwall 1.5's in good condition in all regards it would be a fine price. I have never heard C2's but I heard a big difference between the 1's and what some call 1.5's

wake up the coffee is on can you smell it? OP posts one open ended silly question which serves no purpose so everybody jumps in trying to help poor old sensless polster make sene of it all Polster makes one post and goes away, 19 posts later where is the polster? Please don't get sucked in defending his dammaged feelings from all the harsh comments. He was and has been given good solid useful helpful friendly information the problem is he is a troll. He walks into a foum room for the very first time and asks which is better black or white? You don't see this for what it is? You guys need to gret a bit of a grip. You all know how easy it is to find basic factual information on line. This guys stank from the word go . I believe that I was more than polite and if you want to continue the foolishness feel free to do so. This guy is sitting back laughing because he just dumped on your floor and you feel bad for him.? Please I have to go. Best regards Moray James.