Is there anyone ...

Deang

... here that would be willing to build me a pair of LaScala horns? I just want the bottom sections, and they don't need to be finished -- Birch raw would be perfectly fine. I suppose it would be real nice if that person were somewhat close to Ohio.

If you squint with in a low light room with a couple of those Lascalla mods discribed in another topic

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/172394.aspx

these may work for you with a set of Bob's 1526 woofers. A couple of cuts with a skill saw and you will be styling in no time. I built the lascala clones and bought the FH1, THe clones took me nearly a month and the FH1's were out in the garage playing the next day. (smile). I have the top horns with the k55v's on my Klipschorns at the moment. in any event they are in Cleveland...

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/3584045943.html

peavey sp1 pa speakers work great - $300 (or trade)

3K73I53o45N15G15Mcd1vb06b91bd016b13a4.jp

I suppose you could use a router and cut the tops off the pair I got a couple of years ago. One is a clone and the other legit. No drivers in them at the moment. Too bad you are so far away... my wife would love for me to get rid of them (she was fine for me to get them, but we're committed to some other things at the moment.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/152562.aspx?PageIndex=2

Link is to the post with pics of the cabs I have.

Bruce

Dean, I have these, I have recently taken them from the top of my Khorns, I went with something bigger. They would come with the JBL 2446H drivers, they weight and ton. I want to say they are 223Hz, not sure without checking, they sounded real good on top of the Khorns.

If your interested, let me know, I live in the mountains of GA.

Bob

post-32367-13819831084222_thumb.jpg

What the hell is bigger than that? :)

You guys are great, and Kevin, that's an amazing offer, but it's okay really.

I have the low lows covered. My room is kind of small and thought some LaScala bottoms would just about be perfect. I would eventually get a pair of Elliptrac 400s from Dave and have him build whatever baffle they might require. I'm done with rectangular horns. If I don't get any offers to build, I'll start leaning towards having Bob send me a CornScala knockdown kit -- only difference will be single big cuts-outs for some 15" Radian coaxials. Well, there's the port, and the (gulp) math. Uhg.

Hi Dean, What do you have in the way of plans for just the bass bin and are they a good set of plans that have been built from without problems? I have a print but I don't even remember where it came from. I would really consider a cornscala bass box or a DBB as an alternative unless the LaScala's bass is a must have in your set up but I will help you get what you want if I can and we can just barter it out with crossover work I need done. Let me know.

I absolutely could not remember your name, but was praying you would show up. I was talking to Dave Harris yesterday and kept saying -- "There is this guy in Ohio, and I wish I could remember his name!" :)

Yeah, we need to talk -- I have no problem going the CornScala route. Please shoot me an email at dgwescott@gmail.com (just so I can have your email on file). My phone number is 937-823-9902. Just call whenever you're up to it.