What are the best 5.1 Blu Ray concerts and movies? The must haves for audiophiles?

Salvador

I got a $200.00 dollar budget and am looking to get some good material to enjoy on my new system. Looking for movies and music. Unfortanetlly my SACD and DVD audio player no longer work. So I am looking for your standard Dolby or DTS.. What are your favorites?

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds live at Radio City

DMTR.jpg

My go to disc everytime. Imaging and soundstage is second to none, IMO. Whether uncompressed PCM stereo sound or Dolby TrueHD, this concert is a must have. Video is clear as a bell. This disc will put you 3rd row center both musically and visually.

Bill

+1 for radio city! Dave Mathews and tim Reynolds are insane together! It's my second favorite thing to watch on my home theater. My first is a snowboard documentary like film on blu ray called art of flight. The cinema photography on it is awesome, it's got great music, and its just a good watch. That is the number one to show off the shear volume my system is capable of. If you get this one make sure you buy the one with the black cover. It says DVD for some reason on amazon but its a DVD/Bluray set

• Like 1

+1 for radio city! Dave Mathews and tim Reynolds are insane together! It's my second favorite thing to watch on my home theater. My first is a snowboard documentary like film on blu ray called art of flight. The cinema photography on it is awesome, it's got great music, and its just a good watch. That is the number one to show off the shear volume my system is capable of. If you get this one make sure you buy the one with the black cover. It says DVD for some reason on amazon but its a DVD/Bluray set

I'm probably the only person you'll ever meet who's not just totally gaga over this disc(and I do own it). It IS well recorded, but just too much acoustic for me. Throw in a bass guitar or a drum every once in a while and I'm good to go.

I'm probably the only person you'll ever meet who's not just totally gaga over this disc(and I do own it). It IS well recorded, but just too much acoustic for me. Throw in a bass guitar or a drum every once in a while and I'm good to go.

Understandable.....This is another favorite from that lil' ole band from
Texas, Live from Texas, for the gents in Texas.....lot's of great bass
and drums.

post-53536-13819831178588_thumb.jpg

lil' ole band from
Texas

Saw them in Abq a few years ago. They still sound GOOD live!

I like the Blu-ray of Prometheus for showing off a system. Audio AND video are out of this world! (pun intended) Can't wait to get my speaker situation to really get a "feel" for the movie. (pun intended)

post-57579-13819831186972_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I'm probably the only person you'll ever meet who's not just totally gaga over this disc(and I do own it). It IS well recorded, but just too much acoustic for me.

Make that 2. I feel the same way. Acoustic guitar is one of my favorite to listen to but I agree, would LOVE to have even had a box drum or conga or some form of percussion.

Understandable.....This is another favorite from that lil' ole band from

Texas, Live from Texas, for the gents in Texas.....lot's of great bass

and drums.

This looks like one that I would enjoy... Thanks... it is now on the "to-get" list.

Youth do me a favor. Make sure your kids aren't in the room put the disc in skip to chapter two right off the bat, turn yours subs up about 3db over what they calibrate at and crank the colume to reference and listen to that whole song that loud. It is just unreal. I went to a get together with some avs guys and that was the thing they showed as soon as I got there. One guy ran dual captivators and all kinds of gear. We listened to it so loud it blew his whole houses breakers!! It was the coolest demo I have been to yet. Let me know what you think of when you get it.

Nope, you're not the only one. Those guys really need a guitar player, electric, that knows how to jam.......You would really have to suck to make acoustic based music sound bad. The real challenge is to make it sound good with lots of things going on at the same time.

Best....many good shows, sound is where the problem has always been. Cream(Albert Hall) Gary Moore( Thin Lizzy Tribute) Bachman Turner(Roseland) Joe Satriani (Satchurated) The Police (Certifiable) Ted Nugent (Motor City Madman) Elton John's 60th as mentioned and of course the new Led Zeppelin is fantastic. That's a few I have that are really good recordings, I have many that are marginal.

• Moderators

Youth do me a favor. Make sure your kids aren't in the room put the disc in skip to chapter two right off the bat

Is the reason for the kids leaving the room due to language or loudness? Cause my 14 year old son likes it loud as well. [:D]