What are the best 5.1 Blu Ray concerts and movies? The must haves for audiophiles?

Salvador

• Moderators

But if your son likes it loud and he will
Love the music in it as well!

Let's just say his RF-7's and Dubstep sound awesome in his bedroom. [:D] He also loves to snowboard as well so I'm sure he will enjoy the BR as much as I will.

post-27215-13819831197906_thumb.jpg

I'm probably the only person you'll ever meet who's not just totally gaga over this disc(and I do own it). It IS well recorded, but just too much acoustic for me. Throw in a bass guitar or a drum every once in a while and I'm good to go.

Okay, you want bass guitar and a drum "once in a while", you got it.[:D]

th?id=H.5047961830162972&pid=1.7

test-blu-ray-rush-snakes-and-arrows-live

test-blu-ray-rush-snakes-and-arrows-live

2.jpg

Bill

Bill I bought that one off your recommendation and I guess I just didn't like rush like I thought I did. Don't gets wrong, there are about 3 or 4 epic so go on that but I didn't really enjoy much more than about 20 minutes of that one and its LONG! But that is obviously a difference in taste. I grew up listening to classic rock but rush must have been one I didn't listen to much cause I don't enjoy them as much as others

You would really have to suck to make acoustic based music sound bad.

I could make acoustic music sound bad. Stick out tongue

OK....[:$] me too if that were the criteria. I suppose I should have added the sound engineers would.

Bill I bought that one off your recommendation and I guess I just didn't like rush like I thought I did. Don't gets wrong, there are about 3 or 4 epic so go on that but I didn't really enjoy much more than about 20 minutes of that one and its LONG! But that is obviously a difference in taste. I grew up listening to classic rock but rush must have been one I didn't listen to much cause I don't enjoy them as much as others

The big problem with any Rush dvd I ever saw is the sound quality is pretty poor. The show Bill mentioned looks great but the songs/sound and performance is just passable, even for a huge Rush fan like me. The bad part, it's the best one.I really wish they would just do a complete album( starting with the first and ending anytime after about five for me), live and do that if they are going to release a dvd every year or two.

Rush is absolutely a top notch band, great musicians and artist.They got kinda lost in the 80's, just my opinion though, they sold plenty records.I'm still glad I got the show, I also would recommend it to any fan, it is visually nice and sounds ok.

Yeah the main reason I got it was bill said the sound was top notch. I didn't think so in my room. I have a few others I think sound far superior. Dave Mathews is probably the best on my rf-63's. I have foreigner and its pretty impressive sounding if you turn the subs up a few db's which seems pretty common with music anyways

Yeah the main reason I got it was bill said the sound was top notch. I didn't think so in my room.

Okay, maybe I was a little bias. I have never been to a Rush concert so that was the best I have been exposed to. I will agree with Fish a little bit, the audio recording could have been better. As mentioned before, the DM & TR BD concert is recorded very well and should be a template for how a concert should sound, IMO.

Okay, here is a very good one.

David_Gilmour_Remember_that_Night.jpg

Bill

I'll defer on the r-30 as I only have it on dvd. The dvd does however have a crowd constantly screaming through every speaker. The reverb sound in the recording is also very annoying. It sounds to me like the "hall" effect is turned on.I'm not saying it's awful, just not a disc I ever used as reference.

One excellent concert disc, Roger Waters in the flesh unfortunately no blu-ray it's only in DVD but still a must have.

Okay, I thought this Roger Waters vs David Gilmore war was over.[:#] Didn't they kind of bury the hatchet?[*-)]

Roger-Waters-y-David-Gilmour-425x318.jpe

Maybe a new concert Bluray is in the works for Pink Floyd.[:D]

Bill

If you are looking for amazing sound, look no further than Toto's "Falling In Between Live" Blue-ray. You won't be too familiar with half of the music (from the same titled LP) but it will blow you away! Steve Lukather has to be one of the most underrated guitarists on the planet, and Simon Phillips on drums is other worldly on this Blue-ray.

http://www.amazon.com/Toto-Falling-Between-Live-Blu-ray/dp/B002N7W3OY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363802826&sr=8-2&keywords=toto+falling

I won't steer you wrong on this one boys...

Mike

If you are looking for amazing sound, look no further than Toto's "Falling In Between Live" Blue-ray. You won't be too familiar with half of the music (from the same titled LP) but it will blow you away! Steve Lukather has to be one of the most underrated guitarists on the planet, and Simon Phillips on drums is other worldly on this Blue-ray.

http://www.amazon.com/Toto-Falling-Between-Live-Blu-ray/dp/B002N7W3OY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363802826&sr=8-2&keywords=toto+falling

I won't steer you wrong on this one boys...

Mike

+1 = I really enjoy this show! I had low expectations for recording quality, but I liked some of their classics, took the chance and this show turned out to be a great pick up! [:D]

A change of pace but it's a great recording is Chris Botti Live in Boston. It's like being at the show. Instant date night!

The Rock and Roll HOF 25th anniversary is sure to have something you'll love! Crazy show! Who'd have thought so many 65+ year olds could still rock like that?! BB King - wow!