What are the best 5.1 Blu Ray concerts and movies? The must haves for audiophiles?

Salvador

For some true true Hi Fi Gary Moore tribute to Thin Lizzy, the Police, Bachman Turner, Eric Clapton Crossroads 2010, unlike earlier years very good sound. These are a few very good recordings with great dynamics.

Found Toto "Falling in Between Live" Blu-Ray locally and it is very good,

Also picked up Santana 2011 at Montreau Blu ray, very well recorded

audio and video, didn;'t care for all the tracks. Santana doing AC/DC

was cool though.

Also, played The Last Waltz Blue Ray again, Very good of course, Clapton was in a groove

that night.

• 6 months later...

My first is a snowboard documentary like film on blu ray called art of flight. The cinema photography on it is awesome, it's got great music, and its just a good watch. That is the number one to show off the shear volume my system is capable of. If you get this one make sure you buy the one with the black cover. It says DVD for some reason on amazon but its a DVD/Bluray set

It's not on amazon.ca except used imported from Italy. Went to the RedBull store from http://www.artofflightmovie.com/ and it snags on my address. They appear to accept international orders but I can't get my address to Canada accepted. Frustrating.

For me, Desire by Paul Hardcastle, Sigh by Praful for a bass track ( jazz) and, movies, Looper, Hulk 2, Immortals, Cloverfield, STID, Jack the Giant Slayer, any of the Transformer, Avenger and the plane crash scene from the Grey for Ultra LFE. Oh well, for movies I can't make up my mind, he he. :lol:

Edited by derrickdj1

My first is a snowboard documentary like film on blu ray called art of flight. The cinema photography on it is awesome, it's got great music, and its just a good watch. That is the number one to show off the shear volume my system is capable of. If you get this one make sure you buy the one with the black cover. It says DVD for some reason on amazon but its a DVD/Bluray set

It's not on amazon.ca except used imported from Italy. Went to the RedBull store from http://www.artofflightmovie.com/ and it snags on my address. They appear to accept international orders but I can't get my address to Canada accepted. Frustrating.

Got it (cheaper!) from www.actionsportsvideo.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

1.   My GOLD standard as far as video and fantastic musicians.........Yanni, Live Mandalay Bay

2.  Close 2nd..........Sade, Take Me home......only issue is bass is overloaded which was the case at Orlando. 

3.   Eagles,    Farewell Tour, Melbourne

4.   Pink. Australia

5.   Elton John,  Red Piano.

6.    This is It...M. Jackson

7.   NOT BLU RAY but DTS ........Tina Turner, Amsterdam.   

8.     "                                              Cher, Farewell Tour.  

• Like 1

I just saw this thread and I have not gone through all the pages so I am sure this movie has been said many times,

But currently I would have to say the movie 'Mad Max Fury Road' would have to be right up there with the best of them in regards to eye and ear candy.. some amazing visual scenes loaded with exceptional sound to show case your systemThe movie itself for me is a great one also.