PC13-Ultra

Mongo171

There's a knock at my door. I open it to find a FedEx guy standing there. He asks if I am expecting a big ugly box. I say yes. He asks if it's a water heater. I say no, it's a subwoofer. He goes back acroos the street, opens the back of the truck and CARRIES it to my front door. I told him I had a hand cart. He said he didn't need it. He mutters something about being too old for his job and leaves.

Yes...the box could hold a water heater. I get my hand cart and bring it inside.

I am 5'9. Here's a pic of me behind the box, next to a Chorus II.

post-57579-13819831250376_thumb.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I open the box coffin-style. There is an envelope with info in it. First thing I see is the unpacking instructions. Would've been nice to have those instructions BEFORE I opened the box. I get the sub out of the box. All I can think of is that this thing is built well! I hook it up and put in the "Battleship" Blu-ray. HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!! It rocked the house! Now I just need to fine tune it and get it setup.

post-57579-13819831251446_thumb.jpg

Any experience with the new SB-13 Ultra? I am considering getting a pair of these for my room, to be shared by both my HT and 2-ch systems. I listen to music about 75% of the time in this room and wanted something that could handle both applications well. The reviews are very strong on this sub. The size is perfect, as I have about 20" of width on both sides of my 6' rack, and they are beautiful subs as well in gloss black. They are also about half the cost of the JL Audio Fathom F-113, which is what I was considering previously.

Mike

I open the box coffin-style. There is an envelope with info in it. First thing I see is the unpacking instructions. Would've been nice to have those instructions BEFORE I opened the box. I get the sub out of the box. All I can think of is that this thing is built well! I hook it up and put in the "Battleship" Blu-ray. HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!! It rocked the house! Now I just need to fine tune it and get it setup.

wanna know something cool? I don't even remember that movie having very much unreal bass. Lol throw in something like war of the worlds, how to train your dragon, the hulk, iron man 2. Now those have some unreal LFE scenes in them.

Funny story about the fed ex dude. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new sub! SVS PB13 Ultra is on my wanted to buy list. Ahh someday

It was pretty funny. I am enjoying it! I still need to print out the owner's manual. I wanted to to get the PB13-Ultra, but just didn't have the space for it. The cylinder fits right into the space I have. Good luck on getting your PB13-Ultra. You won't be disappointed.

Any experience with the new SB-13 Ultra? I am considering getting a pair of these for my room, to be shared by both my HT and 2-ch systems. I listen to music about 75% of the time in this room and wanted something that could handle both applications well. The reviews are very strong on this sub. The size is perfect, as I have about 20" of width on both sides of my 6' rack, and they are beautiful subs as well in gloss black. They are also about half the cost of the JL Audio Fathom F-113, which is what I was considering previously.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I don't have any experience with the SB13-Ultra. The PC13-Ultra is my first sub from them. All I can say is that you won't be disappointed with that driver or amp.

Scott

wanna know something cool? I don't even remember that movie having very much unreal bass. Lol throw in something like war of the worlds, how to train your dragon, the hulk, iron man 2. Now those have some unreal LFE scenes in them.

Thnx for the info Scrappy. BTW, I was an Aviation Electronics Tech in the Navy, also. I did some time at North Island on a carrier.

Thnx for the info Scrappy. BTW, I was an Aviation Electronics Tech in the Navy, also. I did some time at North Island on a carrier.

AWESOME. I have been out for a few months and miss it. Really miss the flight deck. Nothing beats that rush of heavy flight ops. Prolly cooler than most will ever see in their whole lives. And it was our job! Oh well better off for my family to be out. And my face sure thanks me for not shaving it twice a day any more!

AWESOME. I have been out for a few months and miss it. Really miss the flight deck. Nothing beats that rush of heavy flight ops. Prolly cooler than most will ever see in their whole lives. And it was our job! Oh well better off for my family to be out. And my face sure thanks me for not shaving it twice a day any more!

I've been out for 20 years. I was "I" Level so I wasn't on the flight deck. I was in my nice air conditioned shop. [:D] Being on a carrier is something I will never forget. The camaraderie in the service is something I have never experienced in the civilian world. I got out because my kids were babies and I was up for sea duty.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I don't have any experience with the SB13-Ultra. The PC13-Ultra is my first sub from them. All I can say is that you won't be disappointed with that driver or amp.

Scott

I have a 20-39 CSi that I bought 12 years ago and power it with a Samson amp. Back in the day it was a pretty good sub, but it doesn't compete with today's subs. I got a great deal with a local dealer on a pair of the SB-13 Ultra's so went ahead and ordered them. Will update after I get them setup and dialed in.

Mike

I have a 20-39 CSi that I bought 12 years ago and power it with a Samson amp. Back in the day it was a pretty good sub, but it doesn't compete with today's subs. I got a great deal with a local dealer on a pair of the SB-13 Ultra's so went ahead and ordered them. Will update after I get them setup and dialed in.

Mike

Back when I got my KT-SW, I was a "good" sub in its day. THX-Certified. Now, with the PC13-Ultra, it's night and day. I watched Prometheus (again) and it just shook my tokhes off! [:P] I actually heard pictures rattling on the walls. Yes, the XX13-Ultra line of SVS subs are unreal. The woofer alone weighs about 60lbs. It is just an amazing piece of equipment. You will be over-whelmed! [:D]

I've been out for 20 years. I was "I" Level so I wasn't on the flight deck. I was in my nice air conditioned shop. Big Smile Being on a carrier is something I will never forget. The camaraderie in the service is something I have never experienced in the civilian world. I got out because my kids were babies and I was up for sea duty.

my son is two and I was up for sea duty as well so me and my wife both got out. I do miss the camaraderie though. Hope I can find a job with half as much.

You are in for a great experience with the SB-13 Ultra from SVS. I received mine the last week of December, and my first response after setting them up was WOW! Even my wife was pleased with the improvement they brought to our Music and Home Theater. The gentleman at SVS were a pleasure to work with prior and after the sale.

I have never owned a sub woofer before, and was concern that they would be similiar to the expierence of stting in traffic, and having a car three or so away shaking my car. As well as just being loud, plus unable to distinguish the words or instruments in the song. Jack walked me through that fear and explained the difference of what I was purchasing. I am at the stage in life that I didn't want to play with different subs, rather wanted to attempt to get the right one the first time. Jack did originally suggest a less expense option for me, but after reading reviews, and asking a few members on the Klipsch Forum. I decided to spend more than I had originally budgeted, and i am glad that I did.

The sound they added to my system exceed all expectations. Whether it was Blu-Ray, Netflix down streamig, Cable/TV, to my music collection. Everything sounded richer and more life like. I do admit I am rewatching several movies as they have been suggested to have great bass effects. Open to all suggestions of what folks have enjoyed. BTW my room is 14' X 23' and I only bought one subwoofer, I feel more than one would be over the top for this size room, SVS agreed.

Must admit I was playing a little louder than I normally do, and my wife had gone to bed earlier. She came running in at one point and asked if I had checked to see if the tree she thought she heard fall had hit the house. And when had the storm begin, note it was a clear, quiet night, except for our new sub woofer.

Lastly the SB-13 Ultra, is smaller, which made it eaiser for us to fit into our room. Enjoy, you've made a great decision. All the best, Jeff

That seems like the response people give for the 13-Ultra series of subs. Those things are just beasts! [:D] I got the PC13-Ultra because of size limitations on where the sub could go. I'm glad you are enjoying your SB13-Ultra. [Y] And I've only heard good things about SVS customer service.

You are in for a great experience with the SB-13 Ultra from SVS. I received mine the last week of December, and my first response after setting them up was WOW! Even my wife was pleased with the improvement they brought to our Music and Home Theater. The gentleman at SVS were a pleasure to work with prior and after the sale.

I have never owned a sub woofer before, and was concern that they would be similiar to the expierence of stting in traffic, and having a car three or so away shaking my car. As well as just being loud, plus unable to distinguish the words or instruments in the song. Jack walked me through that fear and explained the difference of what I was purchasing. I am at the stage in life that I didn't want to play with different subs, rather wanted to attempt to get the right one the first time. Jack did originally suggest a less expense option for me, but after reading reviews, and asking a few members on the Klipsch Forum. I decided to spend more than I had originally budgeted, and i am glad that I did.

The sound they added to my system exceed all expectations. Whether it was Blu-Ray, Netflix down streamig, Cable/TV, to my music collection. Everything sounded richer and more life like. I do admit I am rewatching several movies as they have been suggested to have great bass effects. Open to all suggestions of what folks have enjoyed. BTW my room is 14' X 23' and I only bought one subwoofer, I feel more than one would be over the top for this size room, SVS agreed.

Must admit I was playing a little louder than I normally do, and my wife had gone to bed earlier. She came running in at one point and asked if I had checked to see if the tree she thought she heard fall had hit the house. And when had the storm begin, note it was a clear, quiet night, except for our new sub woofer.

Lastly the SB-13 Ultra, is smaller, which made it eaiser for us to fit into our room. Enjoy, you've made a great decision. All the best, Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. My room is smaller than yours by the way (18' x 15' but opens on one side to the kitchen), but I wanted 2 subs to smooth out the room response, as well as provide the same level of output with 1/2 the effort. I'm surprised SVS said you didn't need a 2nd sub for that size of room.

Mike