GORGEOUS NASA Spokesperson!

Mallette

Mars Curiosity Briefing

If all the NASA spokesmen looked like this, there'd be more interest in the space program. OK...gotta brag!

No audio for the first 30 seconds or so, but for those who wonder where I get my space intel here's the person. The PAW. In this clip, she's standing in for the head of JPL (had to cancel due to sequester) at the 44th Lunar and Planetary Institute Conference and introducing the Mars Curiosity press briefing.

Ymm...wish I had a woman like that...DuOH! AAMOF I do and she'll be briefing me tonight.

Actually, you may find the rest of the session interesting as well. [:P]

Dave

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay...you've the savvy to figure it out. Actually, they need to know issues as NASA is payting Livestream money to get this stuff out. It wouldn't play on my laptop, but I got a message about needing a Flash upgrade as I've denied upgrades to that old machine. However, it played fine on my desktop machine which is up to date on Flash.

Did you get an error message?

Dave

When it comes to PR, NASA would starve to death in a grocery store. However, this was largely a live stream to scientists and such.

I mentioned to the PAW that HTML5 was where it's at and they should speak to Livestream about it. I've hated Flash since day one of it. We are going to HTML5 ASAP in my department.

OTOH, this was my bad pretty much for not providing a direct link.

Dave

Dave, starving to death in a grocery store is a pretty good metaphor for NASA PR.

Jay, could you say more about flash being nearly dead?

Apple has always disliked flash after a fight with steve jobs I believe. Flash is not capable on ipods,ipads, and iphones. To watch youtube which is flash based you need download an app. You click on the link and it opens up the youtube app. Android is also starting to no longer associating with flash. I remember Android is supposed to drop flash in the next update. Or at least not support it.

Flash is fine on most real computers but if you have watched of late, operating systems are basically dead outside of osx and android. Windows 8 is a failure.