GORGEOUS NASA Spokesperson!

Mallette

Perfect Audiophile Wife...always referred to her that way here. Any woman who puts up with two enormous sets of speakers (Klipschorns/Frazier Elevens) and a system in every room in the house deserves that designation.

Dave

I guess I've got a PAW too! How about a woman who lets you cut holes in your living room walls to install subwoofers[:P].

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to HTML5

Very interesting........The new Internet Explorer 10.0 gets a lower rating than the Firefox 19.0. chris

Is there a good comparison between browsers somewhere? I refuse to "upgrade" to MS's latest. Looks like the choices are Chrome or Firefox.

I think that I will have to use Firefox as I am hoping to convert to all Linux Mint based computers when MS finally pulls the plug on XP.

We are going to HTML5

Very interesting........The new Internet Explorer 10.0 gets a lower rating than the Firefox 19.0. chris

Is there a good comparison between browsers somewhere? I refuse to "upgrade" to MS's latest. Looks like the choices are Chrome or Firefox.

I think that I will have to use Firefox as I am hoping to convert to all Linux Mint based computers when MS finally pulls the plug on XP.

Firefox is you like forum based websites and such. Chrome for security. Both are fine for "ahem" privacy settings. IE not even once.

Remember Firefox is actually community based and actually non profit.

Didn't try to follow all Jay's links, but we are focusing on HTML5, which eliminates the need for a plug in for video as well as a lot of other things like JAVA. Very good thing.

Hard to say when it will be generally available, but the authoring tool we use (Opus, you are aware of it, Jeff) is now in beta for compiling in HTML5 and offers a LOT more than Flash ever did within a browser without any plugs.

Dave

swf IS flash. Not my favorite format, as I mentioned. However, I suspect it would play fine. As I said, we are just now beginning to experiment. I expect to have developed some stuff in the next few weeks and will let you know how it's working. The main issue is IE, the "standard," which only scores around 150 on a 500 point HTML5 compatibility list. Chrome is the highest pushing 450 or thereabouts. That dismal score may not be as bad as it looks, as even that is well beyond HTML4.

Dave

PS - Seem to have forgotten about that BABE of a science lady. Oh well, men and our toys.

I don't see it. Is Kate Upton in the back round or something. I see an average ok looking woman at the podium. Maybe you guys have been staring at your browsers for too long.

Or is this some kind of joke that I didn't pick up on.