Did I do good??

Guest Teresa Wright

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once bought a pair of virtually new KP-201's that had been installed in a church. A church member got them and put them for sale. The asking price was $25.00. I went, paid him and took them home. It's not my job to offer more or do market research for the seller. That's absolutely absurd. I didn't care about the story behind them either.

Tresa I am sorry for you that you still feel that way even after being called on it and having some time to reflect upon the situation you still can't see it. Nothing wrong with a deal, Grandma probably just needed to make room and likely could not find a better home for them too bad I don't see that you deserve the deal. Obviously was not a sharp enough deal for you as you were itching to gind grandma a little harder because they did not look as good as you wanted them to. You know in all likelyhood they belonged to Grandpa and there would be some kind of attachment there. There may well have been a truly wonderful story behind those Cornwall speakers, something nicer than your greedy little "did I get a good enough deal?" concern but you don't need to know and probably could not give a crap about that. Think what ever you like I don't give a rats end what you think or do. This is one of those situations I wish our forum had "ignore" options so you and I can ignore each other to death. That works for me. Shame on you. Best regards Moray James.

I just can't understand what got up your A$$? She got a good deal on speakers, from someone's (possibly deceased) Grandma.

We don't see your point, if you can't tell. Either speak your peace or move on, stop harassing Teresa about a good deal.

Best regards,

Dennie

I walked in a pawn shop one day and bought a special tool for $200.00. I later sold that same tool on Ebay for $1,500.00. Never once crossed my mind to go back to the pawn shop and demand they take more of my money. Is that what you would have done MJ? Just curious if paying less than full retail is ever rightous in your world?

and the score is Teresa 12 Moray 0

Wait a second.... follow an offical "review" the score has been changed to 14 - 0.

new update Teresa 14 Moray - 2

End of the 2nd quarter and its now Teresa - 24 Moray - 2

I never said there was an issue about the deal, read what I posted. My issue was and is with Treasa wanting to grind the old girl harder because she figured she might get an even better deal. All the time and effort which gets spent her to help others on this forum nobody asks for a thing or expects anything. Would at least be nice to think that some of that good will rubs off on others. Treasa was the one who went on a public forum to experss her thoughts about how she might have worked ganny over for an even better deal not me, She is happy enough to share her thoughts in public but gets annoyed when I tell her I think that is a sad way to be? Spare me. Anobody here think that's a great thing to do please just add me to your ignore list . Best regards Moray James.

I never said there was an issue about the deal, read what I posted. My issue was and is with Treasa wanting to grind the old girl harder because she figured she might get an even better deal. All the time and effort which gets spent her to help others on this forum nobody asks for a thing or expects anything. Would at least be nice to think that some of that good will rubs off on others. Treasa was the one who went on a public forum to experss her thoughts about how she might have worked ganny over for an even better deal not me, She is happy enough to share her thoughts in public but gets annoyed when I tell her I think that is a sad way to be? Spare me. Anobody here think that's a great thing to do please just add me to your ignore list . Best regards Moray James.

You are taking this way to personally. What the hell does it matter to you. Did your Grandma get ripped off or something?

We all try to get the best deal we can, right? Don't (continue to) be an idiot. If you don't like the post, ignore it. If your Grandma got ripped off call the Craigslist police, don't take it out on a respected forum member, just move on.

Dennie

Grandma probably just needed to make room and likely could not find a better home for them too bad I don't see that you deserve the deal. Obviously was not a sharp enough deal for you as you were itching to gind grandma a little harder because they did not look as good as you wanted them to. You know in all likelyhood they belonged to Grandpa and there would be some kind of attachment there.

In

some respects, the meaning we ultimately conclude on, will, in part, reflect

our individual experiences and biases instead of the potential meaning or

intent of the author or the actual situation. [;)]

I suspect that we

may never know the entire back-story,

for example, maybe the speakers were grandpa’s speakers and when grandpa

traded grandma in for a younger model, grandma, not liking large boxes or

Grandpa’s music, told the grandson, “get rid of those ugly reminders of

grandpa, and I don’t care if you have to pay someone to take them.” [:@]

Being industrious and already satisfied with

an iPod and mp3 music, the grandson may have thought, “I’ll just keep the money grandma gave me to have them hauled away and make a couple of

additional bucks in this deal……criagslist here I come.” [:P]

I like to think that at least we don't have the days anymore where something may be only listed in the local classified section of the newspaper or just end up in some landfill.

post-38331-1381983133633_thumb.jpg

It's not my job to offer more or do market research for the seller.

That would have been the job of the "alerts" forum posters if you would have passed and posted there. [6]

Let's end this discussion right now. Theresa, I'll give you $50.00 shipped for those speakers. You'll sleep better tonight.

Hold it now.... This, and after what you did to that church for those speakers... Shame on you...

"...Grandma just got ripped off on Craigslist...",

Dennie, You just may have a title for a new song.... If you could only tie it into Christmas... lol..

Teresa, Yes you did good but maybe you could do good deed to someone else when you sell your other speakers. Maybe help someone out starting a system, we all have been helped out by the forum in one way or another. I bought a McIntosch amp with payments from a fourm member a few years ago he did't have to do that. I also sold 1972 woofers to forum member that wanted originals in his K-Horns. So just pay it forward is all I'm saying. Glad to see a few females getting into the hobby to. If you need help with your [new] speakers there are many here who can help you. Rick

no I am not taking this to personally nor do you seem to be willing to read or care to hear. Quote Teresa: "I thought about lowballing, cuz of the cab condition, but thought I better" Well I am glad she thought better but that does not change much. You guys can only think about the deal and I have said for the last time I have no problem with the deal, did not say that in my first post and have repeated I don't care since then. It may well have saved granny from paying someone to dispose of them. My complaint is sreictly over the attitude that Teresa expressed and that people (more than I suspected) think is fine that of grinding the old girl further is just fine. This is very poor behaviour nothing good or decent there. If you think this is great behavior then I not only feel sorry for you but I also don't want anything to do witth you either. Some things are very personal this is one of those things for me. Good day. Moray James.

Teresa, Yes you did good but maybe you could do good deed to someone else when you sell your other speakers. Maybe help someone out starting a system, we all have been helped out by the forum in one way or another. I bought a McIntosch amp with payments from a fourm member a few years ago he did't have to do that. I also sold 1972 woofers to forum member that wanted originals in his K-Horns. So just pay it forward is all I'm saying. Glad to see a few females getting into the hobby to. If you need help with your [new] speakers there are many here who can help you. Rick

+1 on

the ‘pay it forward’ as this thread is probably a good example where it may be

difficult for Teresa to fully understand Moray’s intent and experiences, as

Moray tends to be helpful on various threads, and it may also be difficult for

Moray to completely understand Teresa’s intent for this thread as she shows her

‘newbie-like’ exuberance for this great speaker upgrade. [:P]

I’ve seen this example, on ‘critically assessing’

someone’s communication, related to how experiences and bias can impact understanding

of a written sentence without additional clarification of an author’s intent;

The drunk driver hit

her head on Wednesday

Reasonable questions that a person could ask include;

Who was hit? How? Do we know the gender of the driver? Do we know the nature of

the accident?

We tend to group words or break sentences into chunks or phrases

for analysis.

The drunk driver hit her head on Wednesday

The drunk driver

hit her head on Wednesday

The drunk driver hit her head on Wednesday

All

very different, so how do we know the author's intent? We don't as we need more

clarification or else we just tend to unconsciously impose our own individual

experiences and biases in relation to what we just read.

Just another thread, among many recently, on the entertainment value of missunderstood communications. [6][:#]