Did I do good??

Guest Teresa Wright

To answer your question: Yes, you did good... It is entirely the sellers' responsibility to be aware of the worth of what he or she is selling. This is not an issue like a few dollars being spent for something worth thousands or millions... It is not your responsibility to educate a seller on the worth of their wares. This fellow ended up with some cash for something he had apparently not even paid for, and for which the general public would consider to have long since depreciated in value... It is a select few of us who appreciate the value of old Klipsch speakers, and to many of the general public, they would be an unsightly burden to be added to their belongings.

Please do not think you have done wrong or screwed this person... He is unburdened of something which he clearly did not want to deal with, and you are uniquely positioned to enjoy the benefits of your good fortune; besides, from your description, you likely have work and more cash outlay on cabinet cosmetics to make these presentable.

You did good, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no I am not taking this to personally nor do you seem to be willing to read or care to hear. Quote Teresa: "I thought about lowballing, cuz of the cab condition, but thought I better" Well I am glad she thought better but that does not change much. You guys can only think about the deal and I have said for the last time I have no problem with the deal, did not say that in my first post and have repeated I don't care since then. It may well have saved granny from paying someone to dispose of them. My complaint is sreictly over the attitude that Teresa expressed and that people (more than I suspected) think is fine that of grinding the old girl further is just fine. This is very poor behaviour nothing good or decent there. If you think this is great behavior then I not only feel sorry for you but I also don't want anything to do witth you either. Some things are very personal this is one of those things for me. Good day. Moray James.

Do you see how we are confused? [:S]

Go have a beer or smoke a joint or what ever you need to do and quit crapping on this thread. As mentioned, if you don't like it, don't post. SIMPLE!

You've been around here a while now and are often respected in you opinion. But you are way off base with this one. Maybe you can't see it, but others can. Reread the thread if you don't think so.

Teresa, you got a great deal on some great speakers, don't let a GROUCH take that away. Many of us are very happy for you and completely understand your enthusiasm.

As far as paying it forward, I think you must of done so in the past and now you're being rewarded. [<:o)] You don't owe anyone anything.

ENJOY the music. [Y]

Dennie

Let's end this discussion right now. Theresa, I'll give you $50.00 shipped for those speakers. You'll sleep better tonight.

Hold it now.... This, and after what you did to that church for those speakers... Shame on you...

Actually it was a church member who had gotten them from the church. He wasn't selling them on behalf of the church.

Mu offer still stands[:D]

well one more who pretends not to be able to read!!! I told Teresa that she did very well in my very first post. Not one of my posts had been to complain about the deal which seems to be a troubled thing for many here obviously yourself included. My problem has been and is with Teresa's personl and publicly stated thought that she had considered to lowball the vendor for a lower price. Give what Teresa sharesd about the circumstances I said I thought this was a very sad thing. This has jack squat to do with a deal it has to do olnly with what I consider to be very poor personal behaviour. Give the comunity nature of this forum I see this as disturbing. That so many of you including the OP fail to want to see this is sad and is your business but it speakes volumes to me. Best regards Moray James.

well one more who pretends not to be able to read!!! I told Teresa that she did very well in my very first post. Not one of my posts had been to complain about the deal which seems to be a troubled thing for many here obviously yourself included. My problem has been and is with Teresa's personl and publicly stated thought that she had considered to lowball the vendor for a lower price. Give what Teresa sharesd about the circumstances I said I thought this was a very sad thing. This has jack squat to do with a deal it has to do olnly with what I consider to be very poor personal behaviour. Give the comunity nature of this forum I see this as disturbing. That so many of you including the OP fail to want to see this is sad and is your business but it speakes volumes to me. Best regards Moray James.

GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!! Who made you the watchdog for sellers? Sad? She almost got a better deal, but decided to take her winnings and leave while she was ahead.

You my friend have some real issues. GO DEAL WITH THEM! Then we'll be glad to welcome you back.

If you want to talk $hit about someone, go do it somewhere else. IT IS NOT WELCOME HERE!

Dennie

My problem has been and is with Teresa's personl and publicly stated thought that she had considered to lowball the vendor for a lower price. Give what Teresa sharesd about the circumstances I said I thought this was a very sad thing.

Moray,

I have stayed out of this discussion out of total respect for you and Theresa, but now I can't be silent. I feel that with the stated fact that Theresa did change her mind about low balling, that she does have a conscience and felt it wrong to carry out that original somewhat "greedy" thought. Repentance is a Godly act and it should be recognized as so and demonstrated in this situation. She did not lie or give false information or even a half truth. She could have disclosed that the speakers could be worth more than the asking price, but she was under no obligation to do so. Would you or I have disclosed the potential value, perhaps but I can't guarantee that I would have been in a most spiritual state in that exact situation and moment.

Bill

Let's end this discussion right now. Theresa, I'll give you $50.00 shipped for those speakers. You'll sleep better tonight.

Hold it now.... This, and after what you did to that church for those speakers... Shame on you...

Actually it was a church member who had gotten them from the church. He wasn't selling them on behalf of the church.

Mu offer still standsBig Smile

I forget to add my LOL... You know I wasn't being serious...

I was going to stay out of this thread until I saw this

I have stayed out of this discussion out of total respect for you and Theresa, but now I can't be silent. I feel that with the stated fact that Theresa did change her mind about low balling, that she does have a conscience and felt it wrong to carry out that original thought. Repentance is a Godly act and it should be recognized as so.

Go back and see why Theresa changed her mind and calling that "repentance" would be stretching it ,imo...That said, Of course she should have low-balled if she thought she could have gotten the speakers at a lower price, and my guess God would have no opinion on the transaction even if it was a slow day-- After all, she didn't break-in and steal the speakers.

well one more who pretends not to be able to read!!! Best regards Moray James.

Your regards in many threads have not been the best lately . . . A quick look back at numerous recent posts by you demonstrates your growing general ill will and judgmental demeanor. I recently asked about some SP1s I could pick up to turn into garage speakers . . I asked questions about the SP1 s on this specific forum whose members I trust: I asked precisely because I do not know much about those speakers, but have seen forum members mention them . . . Dude . . . You jumped all over me in that thread I started for just asking some general questions! So, I just quit reading my own thread to avoid your venom. It is like the rest of us are now beneath you, especially if we do not own KLF30s. I have read your posts for several years and have learned from some, but you have recently just turned frequently nasty. If there were an ignore button, you would now be the number 1 most ignored forum member. Take a chill pill and quit berating forum members, even if you think their questions are unworthy of being asked. If you do not like a question or a thread, just move on . . . No one put you in charge of quality control of questions, whether they are allowed or not. Keep your best regards, Moray, because now there is no regard for your posts in this thread, and now little regard for your posts in others. Now you have been called out . . . So, please, just ignore me, and especially if I ever ask a question, especially when that question is beneath you. Final score? For Teresa, game, set, match! No regards, Billy

Go back and see why Theresa changed her mind and calling that "repentance" would be stretching it ,imo..

In the New Testament there are two different Greek words
which have been translated repent. The word repent is an English word.
It is an obsolete old English word and means nothing to us today. It was
not even used in the Bible until the King James Bible came along in 1611.
It was translated from the compound Greek words Metanoeo and Metamellamai.
These two words have completely different meanings and remember in the
coine Greek a word can have only one meaning so how can anyone give one
definition or numerous definitions to the word repent? There must be two
and only two definitions for repent.

1. Metanoeo. This is a compound word. “Meta”
means change “noeo” means thinking. This word is derived from
“nous” which means mind. So, metanoeo means to “change
your mind”

2. Metamellamai. This is also a compound word. “Meta”
means change

“mellamai” means emotions. It means to have a “change
of emotions”.

If you go by these two translations of Greek words, I would say Theresa did repent.

Her circumstances are no different than if I was to get angry at someone and "thought" about smacking them but repented(changed mind, changed emotions) for whatever reason, spiritually driven or worldly driven. The fact that I did not carry out that thought is a good thing in itself.

Bill

Go back and see why Theresa changed her mind and calling that "repentance" would be stretching it ,imo..

In the New Testament there are two different Greek words
which have been translated repent. The word repent is an English word.
It is an obsolete old English word and means nothing to us today. It was
not even used in the Bible until the King James Bible came along in 1611.
It was translated from the compound Greek words Metanoeo and Metamellamai.
These two words have completely different meanings and remember in the
coine Greek a word can have only one meaning so how can anyone give one
definition or numerous definitions to the word repent? There must be two
and only two definitions for repent.

1. Metanoeo. This is a compound word. “Meta”
means change “noeo” means thinking. This word is derived from
“nous” which means mind. So, metanoeo means to “change
your mind”

2. Metamellamai. This is also a compound word. “Meta”
means change

“mellamai” means emotions. It means to have a “change
of emotions”.

If you go by these two translations of Greek words, I would say Theresa did repent.

Her circumstances are no different than if I was to get angry at someone and "thought" about smacking them but repented(changed mind, changed emotions) for whatever reason, spiritually driven or worldly driven. The fact that I did not carry out that thought is a good thing in itself.

Bill

Way off topic! Let's bring this back to Teresa's thread.

Did she do good? In my opinion, she did GREAT!!!! yes.gif

I can't wait to hear she's upgraded to La Scalas or Khorns!! [<:o)]

You know what happens when the "Bug Bites"!!

Congratulations Teresa and we're looking forward to pictures! [;)]

Dennie [:D]

Way off topic! Let's bring this back to Teresa's thread.

Sorry, I got carried away.

Did she do good?

You bet she did.Yes

Bill

No problem at all, Bill. We all got a little carried away and I was startin' to feel bad for Teresa.

Thanks,

Dennie