Did I do good??

Guest Teresa Wright

...Her circumstances are no different than if I was to get angry at someone and "thought" about smacking them but repented(changed mind, changed emotions) for whatever reason, spiritually driven or worldly driven. The fact that I did not carry out that thought is a good thing in itself.

Bill

Well--I stand by my observation and if in your religion God would have been mad if you smacked someone for ANY reason (including protecting your family) and called that "immoral," I still contend it wouldn't have been immoral for Theresa to try and get a better price on the speakers. After all, you seem to be talking about repenting for sin if you are using the term religiously, instead of relying strictly on the Greek definition.

EDIT: Btw, Here is Wikipedia's definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repentance and I left out the different religious views on the subject:

Repentance is the activity of reviewing one's actions and feeling contrition or regret for past wrongs.[1] It generally involves a commitment to personal change and resolving to live a more responsible and humane life. The practice of repentance plays an important role in the soteriological doctrines of the world's major religions where it is considered necessary for the attainment of salvation. In religious contexts it often involves an act of confession to a spiritual elder (such as a monk or priest). This typically includes an admission of guilt, a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense; an attempt to make restitution for the wrong, or in some way to reverse the harmful effects of the wrong where possible. Within a secular context repentance may form part of the process of psychological healing that takes place during a course of

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teresa,

You got a great price on those. But they don't sound as good as KLF30 or CF-4. You should brace and dampen the cabinets and put them on stands so you get the mids at ear level. Best regards

I think it's way past time to stop lecturing and hectoring Teresa, even if it's well disguised. She really dug in and did her homework, and was genuine, welcoming, and enthusiastic, when she started this thread. Now, she must think the Klipsch forum is nothing but a bunch of male chauvinist tools.

You notice Teresa has not been back doesn't say much for our helping new members now does it. Rick

I agree whole-heartedly! She got a great deal on a great pair of speakers. The price was agreed upon by BOTH the buyer and seller. She's esctatic with them.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

You notice Teresa has not been back doesn't say much for our helping new members now does it. Rick

Yes and probably saying "Idiots!"

For all anyone knew was that the person selling said they were grandma's to play on emotions to get the sale, especially to a woman.

I once saw a local sale for La Scalas for $50. Gone in a heartbeat and I am sure the person buying gave them $500 [^o)]

The person just wanted them gone.

Life usually reaches an equilibrium so forgo envy but for that deal it may be hard. [:P]

... She really dug in and did her homework, and was genuine, welcoming, and enthusiastic, when she started this thread. Now, she must think the Klipsch forum is nothing but a bunch of male chauvinist tools.

+1 and spoken like a guy who respects women as much as I do and probably has the chicks all over him...Well, that's how I imagine Larry.

Theresa-Thanks for sharing your story and I apologize for implying I was dissapointed that you didn't "low-ball" the dude, but as a savvy shopper your judgement seemed to be spot on, so Congratulations and enjoy your speakers!

Guest Teresa Wright

WOW!! Alright dudes, I honestly didn't and still don't know the value of these speakers, I did figure they were worth more than $150. And, yes, I am a newbie and very excited about these speakers-sorry if I sounded "greedy, mean, etc". That is not my MO!! I'm pretty sure grandma was not longer in the picture, and this guy hated these, didn't even have them hooked up to anything, because he is not into audio at all.

I must say though, after watching Avatar in 3-D last night, I love these speakers.

Oh and P S I just bought Wineslobs Heresy's a while back and offered him less than asking-but I believe he said OBO-anyway, now I feel bad about that.

Ok, I'm done with this,

BEST REGARDS

WOW!! Alright dudes, I honestly didn't and still don't know the value of these speakers, I did figure they were worth more than $150. And, yes, I am a newbie and very excited about these speakers-sorry if I sounded "greedy, mean, etc". That is not my MO!! I'm pretty sure grandma was not longer in the picture, and this guy hated these, didn't even have them hooked up to anything, because he is not into audio at all. I must say though, after watching Avatar in 3-D last night, I love these speakers. Oh and P S I just bought Wineslobs Heresy's a while back and offered him less than asking-but I believe he said OBO-anyway, now I feel bad about that. Ok, I'm done with this, BEST REGARDS

Play on.... [Y]

WOW!! Alright dudes, I honestly didn't and still don't know the value of these speakers, I did figure they were worth more than $150. And, yes, I am a newbie and very excited about these speakers-sorry if I sounded "greedy, mean, etc". That is not my MO!! I'm pretty sure grandma was not longer in the picture, and this guy hated these, didn't even have them hooked up to anything, because he is not into audio at all.
I must say though, after watching Avatar in 3-D last night, I love these speakers.
Oh and P S I just bought Wineslobs Heresy's a while back and offered him less than asking-but I believe he said OBO-anyway, now I feel bad about that.
Ok, I'm done with this,
BEST REGARDS

Congratulations Teresa, remember to look into updating the crossovers, they will blow your mind when brought back to original specifications! [<:o)]

They are nearly 30 years old and the capacitors are probably a little dried out. Sure they sound great, but you just wait! [:o]

Dennie [:D]

WOW!! Alright dudes...Oh and P S I just bought Wineslobs Heresy's a while back and offered him less than asking-but I believe he said OBO-anyway, now I feel bad about that. Ok, I'm done with this, BEST REGARDS

Well--If you feel bad about that then I won't congratulate for acquiring those but believe you did the right thing by offering him less-- if he accepted it had to be a win/win situation with everyone's morals intact. [A] BEST REGARDS back at ya and thanks for the humerous touch.