khorn up date

sasqwatch

I am thrilled to say after a3 hour tour me and Gilligan met a very nice couple who invited US into their home to,bargain for a pair of horns .I must say it was a good time the gentleman showed us to his engineered listening room witch was pretty cool .come to find out besides being a paratrooper vet he had a been a Macintosh dealer also had a contract to build the cabinets for altec. He had to systems set up one at either end of the room witch both sounded great I liked the pair of altec with the horn that was mounted in the center of the woofer .the cabinets were similar to the k horn as such they were made to be in a corner .th cabinet was altec design but never out into production before we left he showed us a record player that you crank up like starting a early model automobile the needle was on a short arm that had what looked like another needle that was in direct contact to the speaker to transfer the sound I would not say it was hi fi but audio was pretty decent to make a long story a bit longer after a little negotiation me and Gilligan left the gracious couple with my new horns well not new horns but new to me .ill post some pic soon as I get some free time the top and bottom cabinets have the same numbers except the last two are consecutive ie lf8807966 the hf8807965 the other speaker has lf 8807968 hf 8807967 I assume that means the pair is consecutive I didn't know their were serial numbers in the top when I bought them I looked at bottom number only saw their was a gap in sequence but really didn't care all that much but it would be nice if the pair are consecutive .

Congratulations Sasqwatch, your music listening will never be the same. [<:o)]

What will you be driving them with? Have you seen the threads on how to seal them up to the wall? Do a search, there are many.

We'd love to see pictures when you get a chance. Again, Congratulations,. you done good! [Y]

Dennie

Thanks Russ.ill get pic up when my brother can show me how to get them from phone to computer its not any of my business but is there a congratulations due you for the horns in Tennessee Stacy

NOT i wanted them bad to 4 hrs one way

Thanks dennie,last night I used a jolida f x 10 it is only ten watts per channel but it sounds really nice to me.right now I'm hooking up a nad 2700 to listen to this eve .the piping was in good shape .I do recall someone using split pipe insulation may give that a try shortly will be in the market for a nicer tube amp once my wallet heals up .the jolida sounds fine but I would like a bit more umph also would be nice to have a balance control to correct image seems to be more to left I ran a na d tuner for the per with the jolida to fix it last night i may have week tubes? Thought I'd try the 2700 tonight to see if the image was still off to left Stacy

Hey Stacy, Yeah, 10 watts is plenty. Unless you want to FEEL the bass.

I know what you mean about a balance control. I sit to the right of the room and would be lost without the balance control. A lot of people use "pipe insulation" to get a proper seal against the wall, I hear it makes a pretty significant difference.

Keep us posted on the NAD 2700, it may give you a little of what you are missing.

Again, Congratulations you lucky dog! [<:o)]

Dennie

I know what you mean about a balance control. I sit to the right of the room and would be lost without the balance control. A lot of people use "pipe insulation" to get a proper seal against the wall, I hear it makes a pretty significant difference.

Keep us posted on the NAD 2700, it may give you a little of what you are missing.

Again, Congratulations you lucky dog! Party!!!

Dennie

dennie the jolida is integrated is there a conflict by hooking it to the tuner as to use the tuner as the pre amp ?

Again, Congratulations you lucky dog! Party!!!

Dennie

dennie the jolida is integrated is there a conflict by hooking it to the tuner as to use the tuner as the pre amp ?

If the "Tuner" is an AM/FM type, I don't see any benefit. But, you can give it a try.

Dennie