Amy

Deang

InVeNtOR wrote,

"i also would like to know why people think "post count" = intelligence. . . . i personally believe high posts counts means you like to talk to people on here, not your constantly giving sound advice."

I agree with you about the high post count. I once responded to a newbie Khorn owner's question about a squawker that didn't squawk (If interested, the full reply is attached as a pdf).

A self-appointed expert (who shall remain nameless) replied as follows:

"
DizRotus can you lighten
up with the Bob Crite's endorsements........I personally like Bob....but you
tend to have a degrading tone in your posts...I seen a lot of things over the
last 8500 posts...stick around and you will know what I mean. AND, know one ever said the squawker was the
only thing not working.....the HF fuses should be checked before we start
recommending crossover swaps"

I mean, criticizing a recommendation to consult Bob Crites. How self-important can one be? I ignored the bloviating bore.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also would like to know why people think "post count" = intelligence.

I don't think that line of thinking is common with most "forum" members.

In most cases, post count numbers for “forum “ members are a result of enthusiasm regarding the various “topics” being discussed on the forum, input that members give to discussions or any other number of reasons. Fellowship and a connection to audio and Klipsch is what's most important here; not post counts.

i also would like to know why people think "post count" = intelligence.

If this is the case, im getting smarter by the day, although i've seen similar posts suggesting as much on occassion. Dont tell my wife this but the reality is, i dont know everything which is obvious in my post count(lol). regardless of post count, its likely that others know more than i do based on their experience. I will take your advice either way. We have alot of really well rounded and bright individuals around here. Lets treat others they way you wanted to be treated...oh boy, i sound like my mother now....

" Lift up your hearts and sing out a tune that was a hit before your mother was born. Though she was born along long time ago, your mother should know."

MOM said: "Less said less amended" a remark that I am trying to remember now constantly.

It should be alright.

Based on the posted rules (which I could not find), it would appear I was wrong. I was simply going by how I remembered things working, and apparently they don't work that way any more. On the locking out thing -- I was more thinking about some of the behaviors, not so much about a trivial infraction. Look at what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I made a comment about the prices looking a little high and the guy attacks me and my business on two sections of the forum. We then learn he was flat out lying, and he gets to go along happily on his way. I do think the section should follow the same general guidelines as some of the better sites like AudiogoN, but hey, I don't make the rules. I will say this -- this area has become a little out of control and at times quite hostile, and it has nothing to do with post count. If you only have four posts, I'm not going to treat you like you don't have a brain because you only have four posts -- I'm going to treat you like you have a brain, which means I expect you to use it. If I seem a bit critical, it doesn't mean I think you're stupid or don't appreciate your participation here. I actually agreed with and enjoyed reading Trevor's post. If I've offended anyone in any way I apologize. I can be a bit of an *** at times, but 90% or more of the time it's completely tongue in cheek -- it doesn't always translate well with the keyboard.

• Moderators

I do think the section should follow the same general guidelines as some of the better sites like AudiogoN, but hey, I don't make the rules.

In all fairness, Agon and the Klipsch Garage Sale have a lot of differences:

Agon is setup for users to sell their items and they have the ability to choose either auction style or flat price. Inquiries are sent via email and the seller and buyer correspond as such. Also, there is a fee for listing items through Agon.

The Klipsch Garage Sale is much different and I would expect it to be so. I believe it was setup as a courtesy to the forum members that would like to inform other forum members of items they were interested in selling. Inquiries are discussed openly in a public forum for all to see. And there are no fees associated with listing or even selling an item.

I would agree that on several occassions of late, discussions have gotten out of hand. Truth is, it doesn't have to. We all choose the words we say. They will either edify and build each other up or they will tear each other apart. We can disagree without becoming hostile and on the offensive.

We have a great community here and I for one am glad to be a part of it.

The Klipsch Garage Sale is much different and I would expect it to be so. I believe it was setup as a courtesy to the forum members that would like to inform other forum members of items they were interested in selling. Inquiries are discussed openly in a public forum for all to see.

See, you get it. :)

I was thinking of normal listings on AudiogoN. There is an item. It is listed with an accurate description. It is rated with a scale. There are pictures, and there is A PRICE.

I'd really appreciate if they made adding a picture on here a little easier. I've yet to successfully add a picture on this sight. On audiogon I click upload, select my picture and done. I'm selling some things right now. I didn't list here because I can't get a picture to load and fear the backlashing that would come with my add not being up to standards.

I'd really appreciate if they made adding a picture on here a little easier. I've yet to successfully add a picture on this sight. On audiogon I click upload, select my picture and done. I'm selling some things right now. I didn't list here because I can't get a picture to load and fear the backlashing that would come with my add not being up to standards.

LOL, fear not the backlashings...People here like pics abunch. Some here have got it down, but not yours truly.

When you compose a post, you click on reply, and then the screen opens up. At the top, you see some tabs. They are named Compose, Options, Related, Preview, and Smilies Library.

Click on Options and you will see File Attachment in bold letters, with a button underneath it that says Add/Update.

Click on Add/Update.

Click on Browse and find your file/picture.

Click the Save button -- you will have to scroll to the right to find it.

Now click on the Compose tab to finish writing your post -- or just click on Post is you're finished. That's it!

post-3205-13819831450262_thumb.jpg